Birthdays

Lyla P.O.V

Today was my birthday naturally making it Harry's birthday to. Yes, it had been about two months since I had been to visit him but I was planning on taking his away from the house today. Hermione was coming to help as well. We took a bus to his house and when I walked to the door and knocked, Hermione behind me.

"Get the door boy" I large voice of a woman yelled. I looked at Hermione confused.

"That is not Petunia" I said just as the door was opened. I saw a grim looking Harry but his face brightened when he saw us.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Hermione and I chorused. I gave him a hug and so did Hermione. At that point a large voice boomed from the kitchen.

"Well, are you going to let them in, I want to see who's interrupting my peace" The woman's voice came again. Harry gave Hermione and I worried looks and stepped back letting us into the house.

"Vernons sister" He whispered. I put on a happy face and walked behind Harry into the kitchen. When we entered I saw a very large women sitting in a chair. A bulldog growled from beside her. I smiled in what I hoped was a nice way.

"Who are you" She asked rudely looking at Hermione and I.

"I'm Lyla Potter and this is Hermione Granger" I said trying to not look disgusted as she gave her empty but dirty bowl to the growling bulldog.

"Another Potter ey, no good freaks" She scowled. I refrained from slapping her and was taken away from the thought as Petunia came into the kitchen from a side door.

"Aunt Petunia, how nice to see you" I said happily trying not to grimace. She narrowed her eyes at Harry.

"Why are you here" She asked shocked.

"I wanted to ask whether Harry could come with us for a day to celebrate his birthday" I asked politely. She put on a wondering face before calling Vernon.

"Yes Petunia" He asked walking into the room and freezing at the sight of me and Hermione.

"Why are they here" He said pointing a fat finger at Hermione and I. I noticed Hermione shrink back slightly but I stood my ground.

"Uncle Vernon, I wished to ask whether Harry could come out with us for a day to celebrate his birthday" I asked politely. he growled and pulled Harry into the living room. I naturally followed after him and Hermione scrambled after me nervously.

"It's your birthday then boy" Vernon asked. Harry nodded his head nervously.

"I'll make an exception then, but just this once boy, and I expect you back at 6:00 sharp, we are having dinner with Marge and you will not miss it" Vernon hissed. Harry thanked Vernon gratefully and hurried out the door with us.

"Happy birthday sis" Harry said hugging me again.

"To you to bro, now for a day of fun away from hell for you" I said happily skipping down the street. I pulled out the present I brought for Harry from my bag and gave it to him.

"That is for you" I said smiling. He looked at me before opening it slowly. I brought him tons of food to get through the rest of the summer. I had another present I was going to post to him later. He thanked me gratefully.

"I need to give you yours when I get back to privet drive" Harry said. I shook my head.

"You didn't need to get me anything" I said.

"yes I did, now we should hurry because if i'm not home at six..." He trailed off shaking his head in worry. I just rolled my eyes and Hermione smiled reassuringly.

"We'll get you back at six, but for now, let's make use off this day" She exclaimed giving Harry the present she bought for him. It was a book on survival skills and more food.

"I'll definitely need this book to survive at home, thanks Hermione" Harry said smirking. Hermione beamed at Harry and we walked into a small cafe in a fairly quiet street. We had a huge lunch before walking down to the park and sitting down laughing on the swings. Just at that moment Dudley and his friends had to crash the party.

"So then Harry, your friends only came cause it's your birthday" Dudley smirked. His friends all laughed. I just rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, I was actually with Harry for a week in the holidays and you were none the wiser" I smirked back wider and Dudley just shook his head.

"As if, anyway, who's she" He said pointing a finger rudely at Hermione.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you manners Dudley, her name is Hermione and i'd lower your finger if I was you" I said calmly. he dropped his finger but eye'd Hermione.

"So, got yourself some freaky friends at your freaky school" Dudley exclaimed. He told his friends he'd meet them after he had a chat in front of one of their houses. They all left and I shook my head.

"Freaky, what do you mean freaky" I said turning my hair green and my eyes black. Dudley backed away.

"Wh...what are yo...you doing" He stuttered.

"What do you mean" I asked pretending to be confused and morphing myself into a replica of Harry before turning back. Dudley ran away scared and I laughed.

"Did you see his face" I said wiping away a tear. Hermione and Harry joined in my laughter as Harry high fived me.

"Nice one Lyl's, and he can't even tell our Aunt and Uncle because they know you can't use magic so they won't believe him, little do they know your skills aren't counted as magic" Harry smirked.

"Yep, and that's the joy"

The afternoon passed quickly and soon we found ourselves walking back to Harry's house. When we arrived he ran upstairs and retrieved my present. I smiled and gave him a huge hug.

"Good luck, call make sure to call me n the mirror" I said waving as he walked back into the house. I sighed and turned to Hermione. "He'll definitely need it"

When we arrived back at Hermione's house I sat on her bed and opened my present from Harry. I smiled as a beautiful bracelet fell out of the parcel. It had a small heart in the middle and five small charms. One with the name Lily, one with the name James and two smaller ones with the names Harry and Lyla, in the centre was the word family. I took the letter and read through it.

"Read it out loud" Hermione called from where she sat on the floor resting against the wall.

"To Lyla, I hope you have a wonderful birthday, I have Aunt Petunia to partly thank for the present, she gave it to me and said it was Mums and was one of the things she inherited at Mums funeral, Happy birthday again, Harry" I read quietly. I looked at the small bracelet sadly putting it on my wrist.

"Wow, your mother's" Hermione said sadly. I nodded before picking up the two small things I hid under the bed. Hermione gasped and I smiled happily. I talked to Dumbledore before term ended and found he had the two tiny children's brooms Harry and I owned as children.

"These are Harry and mine from when we were one" I said smiling happily. I wrapped Harrys up quickly and whistled for Princess. She came in a flash of flames and I handed her the parcel as well as a letter I wrote a little ago telling him what it was. Princess disappeared in another flash of fire and I smiled releasing my small broom with my initials etched into it. It floated down and hovered above the floor.

"They're adorable" Hermione gushed. I rolled my eyes and pushed it into the corner of the room.

"Well, we should be getting some sleep, see you tomorrow Lyl's" Hermione said getting into bed. I climbed in the spare bed.

"Night Mione" I muttered before quickly falling into a deep sleep. But that didn't mean my mind shut down. Memories flooded into my mind of a small black haired boy flying around the room being chased by myself, my red hair fanned around my face being extra long for such a young age, this was the only proof I was a metamorphmagus, the rapid rate my hair grew so I could be just like mum. I was happy.