Photos

I was currently walking up the mountain, following after the black dog that was Sirius. After the long trek up I was puffed by the time we reached the small cave.

"Here it is" Sirius said turning back to himself. I walked through the small, cleverly placed moss curtain to find myself in a large cavern filled with cushions, shelfs and several photo frames filled with photos of all different types.

"Who's in this photo" I asked curiously looking at a photo of several girls and boys.

"Well, there's me, and your father and Mother, Remus is to the left standing beside Pettigrew, and then beside me is Marlene who's also next to Alice Prewett, and next to her is the other Alice" Sirius said walking over and pointing out all the people.

"You all look so happy" I said tracing my finger around the frame and collecting a layer of dust on my finger.

"That was seventh year, although You-Know-Who was out in the world, we were happy at Hogwarts" Sirius said with a sad smile. Just looking at the photo made me feel uneasy. Just knowing that these people didn't know what was to come in several years. Judging by Sirius and Remus never mentioning any of them I assumed they had all met a tragic fall but I didn't want to ask in fear of making Sirius said. I had heard of them all but I had never found out how their lives decided to go.

"Well, do you know where the pictures are" I asked turning away quickly.

"I sure do, they're over in that cupboard there, they should be hidden at the very back" Sirius said pointing towards a very dusty cupboard with the door slightly open already. I walked over and opened it fully getting a face full of dust.

"Oh, I should have warned you of the dust" Sirius said walking over and grabbing the photos whilst I sat on the floor in a sneezing fit. Once I was finished sneezing I slid over to Sirius who was rested against the cushions looking over the photos.

"That one there is of myself with your father, Remus Pettigrew and Alice, we were best friends back in fifth year" Sirius said pointing out a photo of them all arm in arm.

"What's this one, it looks funny" I said pointing to another of Sirius carrying the Alice girl over his shoulders and running towards the black lake.

"That was when Alice was being annoying so I decided to drop her in the Black lake, this was the aftermath" He said pointing to another photo of Remus, James and Sirius sitting on Alice and tickling her, Pettigrew was standing back just watching.

"You guys looked like you had lots of fun in school" I said looking over all the photos. In them all they were all laughing and smiling with each other.

"Yeah, we had a great time out of school to, but then You-Know-Who ruined everything for us" Sirius said looking down. I didn't push him any further but gently took the photos.

"Thanks for taking me to get these with you" I said smiling lightly.

"It's all fine, also, just a fair warning, you'll hardly find any photos of us together in school until fifth year, Alice always took the photos and we only made friends with her in fifth year" Sirius said smiling back. "And these aren't the only copies, we all had a book of them, i've lost mine and who knows about Remus"

"Good, i'll make these into a book with spaces for photos of my own, it can be like a generation thing" I said happily exiting the cave followed by Padfoot the dog once again. This time, in high spirits from seeing my father's secret hideaway I skipped back down the mountain and into the shrieking shack.

"Goodbye Uncle Sirius, thanks for showing me that place, I loved it" I said smiling and hugging Sirius.

"No problem little Lyls, it brought back a ton of memories revisiting that place, just make sure to keep the photos hidden from Remus or he will now you've been visiting me and that could be dangerous if you don't know what he thinks of me" Sirius said waving as I left the room.

"BYE UNCLE SIRI" I yelled back.

"SEE YA LITTLE LYLS" He responded as I snuck back through the passage and out onto the dark grounds of Hogwarts, I walked quietly through the halls until I was stopped by a voice inside of Professor Lupin's room.

"This map could be a ticket into Sirius Black hands, your parents didn't die for you to use their sacrifice in dangerous ways like this" His voice said. I hid behind the door silently.

"I'm sorry Professor, but, I don't think the map works very well, just earlier I saw someone on the map I know to be dead" Harry's voice came.

"I'm sure the map works perfectly fine Mr Potter, but who did you see?" professor Lupin said.

"Peter Pettigrew" Harry responded with a hint of worry to his voice. My breath hitched in my throat.

"Ok, thank you Mr Potter, now I want you to go straight back to bed, no short cuts, or i'll see" Professor Lupin said and I heard something lightly tap the table. A second later the door opened and Harry walked out and straight away. I held my breath in fear of him seeing me but he never looked back.

"This is making it seriously hard for me to push back my memories" Professor Lupin's voice muttered from in the room and my mind suddenly filled with understanding. He was scared of trusting his old friend in fear of being hurt again like he was twelve years ago.

I know knew why he didn't want to believe Sirius was innocent. It was in fear of being hurt.

---

Remus P.O.V

I took the map off Harry as my breath caught in my throat.

"This map could be a ticket into Sirius Black hands, your parents didn't die for you to use their sacrifice in dangerous ways like this" I said with a grim face as I watched Harry fidget nervously.

"I'm sorry Professor, but, I don't think the map works very well, just earlier I saw someone on the map I know to be dead" Harry said looking to me with a confused look.

"I'm sure the map works perfectly fine Mr Potter, but who did you see?" I asked looking him straight in the eyes.

"Peter Pettigrew" He said making my body become rigid.

"Ok, thank you Mr Potter, now I want you to go straight back to bed, no short cuts, or i'll see" I said hiding the fear I felt and tapping the map. Harry nodded and walked straight from the room.

"This is making it seriously hard for me to push back my memories" I muttered watching the map and seeing nothing there but the people sleeping in their dorm rooms and the teachers walking the corridors. I sat back before closing the map up and placing my head in my hands. Alice needed to hear about this.

---

Lyla P.O.V

After my little adventure with Sirius I tended to sit at a table in the common room and work on the album for the photos. I had placed all of my father's photos into the album and was working on placing the ones I had taken over the three years in which consisted of five photos, most from summer.

"What are"

"You doing Lyla"

"Because we need you"

"To help us with"

"A Prank" Fred and George said ending it together and sitting down beside me. I smiled closing the photo album shut.

"I'm just making a photo album, but I would love to help with your prank, give me the plan" I said with a wide smile in both directions as I sat back in my chair comfortably to allow them to explain their prank.