Tag, You're It

I had trouble sleeping during the night, perhaps it was because I was so accustomed to sleeping with one eye open.

I was up bright and early, even before the sun was out.

And I wasn't quite sure whether or not I could come out of my room before Aaron and Eric woke up, so I changed clothes and decided to take a look around my new room.

There was a large bookshelf on the far wall, and it was littered with all sorts of things: books of all kinds, snow globes, empty picture frames, and even a few stuffed animals.

I ran my fingers along the spine of a few books, deciding on which one I wanted to read first and wondering if I would even have the time to read while living here.

There were at least a dozen snow globes on the second to top shelf, and I stepped back so I could see them all.

The person who used to own this room was definitely a collector. They had snow globes from several different places: Chicago, New York, and even Athens, Greece.

I carefully picked one up and shook it lightly, staring at the small flakes as they floated around.

A knock on the door nearly made me drop it, but I quickly set it back down in it's rightful place.

"Good morning!" Eric chirped, opening the bedroom door and allowing himself inside. "I wanted to let you sleep in a bit, but Aaron insisted that I wake you up, show you around and introduce you to a few of the people here."

"I've been up for a while now, I just wasn't sure if I could come out or not."

"You aren't a prisoner here, Leslie. You're one of us." He smiled kindly and put a firm hand on my shoulder, "Come out whenever you please and help yourself to anything you want, okay?"

I nodded my head and bit my bottom lip, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"So, is what I'm wearing okay? If I'm meeting new people, I mean, first impressions are important."

"Indeed they are."

Eric rested his chin in his hand and took a good look at my outfit of choice.

I had changed in to a pair of dark wash jeans and a maroon henley top, and I planned on pairing the outfit with my combat boots, which I left downstairs.

"You look beautiful, Leslie. You don't need to worry about impressing anybody, although, you do clean up very nicely."

We laughed together before heading downstairs, which is where Eric said breakfast was ready.

On the dining room table, was a gloriously prepared breakfast. Scrambled eggs, a stack of pancakes, and a bowl of fruit salad.

I sat down in the same seat as last night and waited for Aaron and Eric to join me.

Eric set a glass of water in front of me before sitting down.

"This is amazing..."

I helped myself to several scoops of the fruit salad, which made Aaron and Eric both smile.

*****

After breakfast, Aaron left. I don't exactly know why or where, but he said he'd be back later that night.

And Eric and I were left to clean up, which I tried to do the most of, as a sort of 'thank you' for their hospitality and generosity.