I'm surrounded by nerds

Barry

"You let the mourning teenage meta-human free in the city." Caitlin questions me.

"She broke my arm." I respond pointing at my sling.

"You'll heal." She says rolling her eyes.

"So where is she anyway?" Cisco asks.

"I'll ask Iris. She knows Maria best." I say and take off my sling.

Maria

Ive been in the store room for an hour now. Iris hasn't questioned why yet but i know she will. The door opens and Barry walks in.

"I thought i was the deaf one. Didn't i tell you to leave me alone?" I tell him.

"You did but then i remembered that you just lost you're friends and you shouldn't be alone." He responds annoyingly. I roll my eyes and he grins. He stands up and offers me his hand.

"I hate you." I comment taking his hand anyway.

"I know." He answers and we walk out Iris looks at me concerned but Barry just shakes his head.

We walk at normal pace to star labs and Barry talks about his powers and the tests they'regoing to run and all of that. When we get to Star Labs everyone is very quiet about what happened. I guess they're worried I'll run off again. Right now I'm testing out my abilities and Caitlin is asking questions.

"Sound travels in waves which is what you can see and manipulate. How does it work for you? Talk me through it." She asks curios.

"Okay at first i could only see them. it took me a month or two to learn to read them. Than another month to manipulate them. I can push the together and extend them. I can also manipulate where i go so only one person can hear something." I say playing with my voice soundwaves as i talk to prove my point.

"This is so cool." Cisco says sucking on a lollipop. "Theoretically if you got soundwaves to the right frequency you could make the solid and use them as a weapon. Like banshee's. Hey Banshee."

"Banshee's have powerful screams and that's kinda lame." I respond rolling my eyes.

"You're mean. Barry she's mean." He complains and i smile innocently.

" well yeah. She calls me Barry Annoying. "

Caitlin gets annoyed at us and they continue running tests. Which basically included them giving me weird noises and seeing what i do.

"Next question is very important. What's your favorite colour?" Cisco asks and i raise an eyebrow.

"You're not making me a supersuit." I answer and he frowns. " I'm not a hero I'm just a kid. And i don't want to be responsible for anyone. I'm only here because i want to find who killed my friends and make them pay."

"fine no supersuit but I'm making you some gadgets. You don't get a choice in the matter. Wait if you could solidify soundwaves maybe you could have them carry you at the speed of sound. You'd be almost as fast as Barry." He continues we carry on testing my abilities until i accidentally made the soundwaves to high and shattered a glass wall.

" that was cool." Cisco says.

"Maybe we should stop for today." Caitlin adds. " Come back tomorrow and we'll test Cisco's ideas."

"Maria where are you sleeping tonight?" Barry asks. I didn't have an answer and he knew that. "I'm sure Joe won't mind you sleeping on our couch for tonight."

Apparantly Joe did mind. He minded because i stole his wallet.

"Sorry. You can have it back. Which one is it?" I say pulling out nine different wallets from my bag. He looks at Barry who shrugs.

"If she steals anything you're replacing it." Joe says.

" I'm a street kid not a klepto maniac. I do what i need to to survive." I respond. Joe glares at me then his phone goes off.

"I have to go to the station. Keep an eye on her." Joe orders Barry then leaves. I sit on the couch.

"so whats for dinner?"