goodbye nerds

I'm sitting at my friends graves talking to them. I talk to them about everything thats been happening since we stopped their killers. It was about a month ago. I've been helping team flash but i don't really git in there. I've got some cool gadgets though and I've been crashing at Caitlin's because Joe still doesn't like me. Which is fair i don't like me.

"Sorry to interrupt." A voice says from behind me. His voice is different. I think he has an accent.

"Who are you?" I say before he pulls out some sort of device and i black out.

I wake up on a rooftop with eight other people.

"I'm as ignorant as you for once." to i see professor Stein i didn't see what the person he was talking to said because i was still waking up.

I recognized four out of eight of the people on the rooftop. Both halves of firestorm, the professor and Jefferson Jackson and Cisco's ex girlfriend Kendra and her soulmate Carter.

Turns out a time travellor from 2166 kidnapped us all to save the world. Apparantly in the future the eight of us are heroes. A guy in a blue parka states that hero isn't on his resume. Wait doesn't Captain Cold wear a blue parka?

"Yeah I don't do heroics. You should ask The Flash." I agree. Rip Hunter (which is totally a fake name) talks for a bit more and tells us to decide weather or not we're coming and meet him at a certain adress. I go back to star labs to see what the nerds think.

I walk into star labs to see Cisco and Barry debating something.

" what are you nerds talking about?" I ask.

"Barry's old nemesis and how similar he is to you." Cisco says.

"Which one?" I ask. Not sure how to bring time travel into the conversation.

"Captain Cold he's a career criminal with a cold gun that Cisco created." Barry adds.

"hey i thought we weren't dwelling on that." Cisco complains.

"Basically you two have a very similar personality. The snark, The klepto manism, the moral ambiguity." Barry explains.

"I'm not a klepto maniac!" I respond

"You've stolen my wallet three times." He says.

"Only because you annoy me. Oh and it's four." I respond throwing his wallet back.

"Seriosly Maria is just a younger hotter female version of Cold." Cisco says without thinking.

"Seeing as i just met Captain Cold and he is pretty good looking I'm gonna take that as a compliment." I decide. Cisco looks extremely embarrased and confused.

"You met Cold? Are you okay?" Barry asks worried.

"from what I've heard Cold is more Barry's secret boyfriend rather than his enemy so was i really in danger ." Cisco smiles and Barry looks embarrased. I tell them a summary of what happened.

"Are you going?" Barry asks.

"I dont know. I don't really want to stay in Central City forever. It might be fun. You know saving the world." I respond.

"You can't pass up this opportunity Maria. It's time travel!" Cisco fanboys.

" i think you should go. Even if not to save the world. Travel see the world. You aren't even twenty one yet. You shouldn't be stuck in this City." Caitlin adds. I nod.

"Yeah I'll go."

" stay here I've got presents." Cisco randomly shouts.

Caitlin comes to hug me. " remember don't over exert yourself. And if you do make sure that you don't do anything else with your powers for at least three hours." She reminds me. I roll my eyes but promise i will. Barry comes up and hugs me and i jokingly act grossed out.

"Ew get off me Barry Annoying." I joke but then hug him back.

"Look after yourself. And try not to get arrested in any time zone." He says and i grin. Cisco comes back with some sort of gadget.

"What have you got there go go gadget?" I ask and he holds it up.

"I made you this. it's a hearing aid made especially for you. I know normal ones don't work. But i specifically engineered this one. Unfortunately it does hinder you abilities but i thought you could use it when you aren't fighting." He explains and my heart skips a beat. He puts it in my ear and i turn it on. I can't see the squiggles anymore but i can hear.

"Does it work?" Cisco says and i can actually hear him. I start tearing up. I hug him and almost cry tears if joy.

"Thank you so much!" Cisco you don't understand how much this means to me." I sob.

"Theres one more thing. I know you didn't want a suit but i couldn't help myself." He admits and presses a button to reveal a glass case with a suit in it.

"So i kept it basic the pantsuit is made of the same material as Barry's suit

"So i kept it basic the pantsuit is made of the same material as Barry's suit. I couldn't figure out how long to make the legs so i kept it short. The coat has many secret pockets and it's just cool. I wanted to make a suit but i know you don't want one so i made it look mostly like normal clothes. Except this." he says and holds out a black mask.

"It looks like a normal mask but its the same as the glasses i made you

"It looks like a normal mask but its the same as the glasses i made you. I replaced the mic covers with these which you can plug into any computor and it will be just as if you had an ear peice in. " he finishes explaining.

"Thank you Cisco." I say and hug him.

"Come on let's go out for dinner." Barry suggests and we head out to my favorite pizza place.

I'm gonna miss these nerds.