Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Clay

NORMAL POV (for once it's not N's!)

N and Hilda walked around Route 5 to head to the Driftveil Drawbridge in order to challenge the Driftveil gym.

N'S POV (that was short lived)

We walked around Route 5 walking towards the drawbridge to head Into the city. I would have kept the moment silent had I not slipped on a Casteliacone.

"Whoa! You ok N?!" shouted Hilda as she rushed over to my support.

"Oh I'm fine!" I said as I brushed off the dirt from my jacket.

"N I wanted to ask you something." said Hilda as she looked me in the eye.

"How come you always turn down a trainer who wants to battle? You have Zorua so why not battle?"

As she said that my feet came to a complete halt causing me to almost slip and fall again.

"I don't like the act of putting friends in danger." I said as I recalled previous battles with Team Plasma.

FLASHBACK

"Alright Seviper, shadow ball!" Shouted a grunt as it battled a young man trying to take its Patrat.

It got hurt real bad and was on the edge of dying if a man older than the boy came and stopped Team Plasma.

END OF FLASHBACK

I started to shed a tear but I quickly wiped it away before Hilda could see me.

"Oh, ok." she said as we continued walking.

I never wanted to hurt my Zorua but I battled to get its spirt up.

"Hey look! The bridge!" shouted Hilda.

"It seems like it!" I said changing my Mood.

"Hey look! It's Hugh and Rosa!" She shouted as we ran up to the bridge and found the 2 friends.

"Hilda!" she shouted and hugged Hilda.

"Nice to see you again." said Hugh as he patted her head.

"See your still hanging around with your boyfriend..." teased Hilda as she eyed her sister.

Hugh and Rosa looked each other and blushed and then it went completely silent.

Hugh eventually broke the silence.

"What about you and him!" He said as he pointed a finger towards me.

A blush then came upon my face and Hilda's.

Girlfriend.

"Uh well..." she stammered on trying to figure out words as she played with her index fingers.

"No no! It's not like that! We just met in Nimbassa that's all." I said nodding to Hilda.

"Yeah..." I could tell she was disappointed.

"Now why are we still here? We got a gym to head to!" shouted Hugh as he grabbed Rosa's hand and dashed onto the Driftveil Drawbridge followed by us.

The walk to the city was short but it seemed like forever but we eventually made it to the city.

"Driftveil City!!!" shouted Rosa as she jumped into the city along with Hugh.

"Ok now since we are in the city I imagine you want to meet-" I was cut off by a familiar gym leader who kinda looked like a cowboy.

"Clay I assume?" said Clay as he put his pick axe on his shoulder.

"Clay!" we all shouted.

"Would you let us have a gym battle Clay?" asked Hilda as she gave him a puppy dog stare.

"As long as you all will challenge!" he said.

"Uh I won't be challenging today Mr." I said holding my hat over my face.

"Huh? Why not?" asked Hugh adjusting his Fanny Pack.

"Uh I am not a big fan of Pokémon battles. That's all." u said a little depressingly.

"Oh ok! Nothing to worry about!" said Rosa.

"I have a Zorua though!" I said Tossing his ball.

"Ua!" it shouted.

"Now why don't we head to the gym!" said Clay.