Chapter 22

The Opelucid City Greet

________________

N'S POV

The sound of a woman playing an ocarina soared throughout the streets of Opelucid city. It was a quiet city and not much really goes on here anymore. It used to be much more techno and upbeat but I guess things have changed.

"We must go find Drayden. He should be in the Opelucid Gym." I said walking towards a large building with the official Pokemon League sign on it.

When we walked in our jaws almost dropped straight to the ground. 2 enormous sized statues of a white and black dragon surrounded a battle arena. Lights began to turn on and towards the middle of the room stood a man in a white beard: Drayden.

"Welcome to the Opelucid Gym." He said in a deep monotone voice. "I shall except one challenger as of right now."

Hilda stepped up to the battle arena. "In that case I'll go!" She shouted as she fixed her pink hat

"Go Floatzel!"

"Haxorus lend me your strength!"

Attacks of water flew across the battle field. The pulsing power of the dragon type pokemon countered the water. Both attacks Hydro Pump and Dragon Pulse hit both Pokemon.

"Floatzel keep at it! I know you can do it!"

"Haxorus you can do this!"

'Incredible. Floatzel is fighting better than before at Clay's gym as a buizel. Evolution has it's perks.' I thought to myself

Ice attacks and slashing of claw flew all across the arena. The ice hit the dragon on the chest forcing slash to miss Floatzel.

"Haxorus is unable to battle Floatzel is the winner." The man shouted

"Floatzel return. Go Misdreavus!"

"Dragonite go!"

Psychic energy flew across the room as flames scorched the floors. Both pokemon landed fatal blows on one another but both continued to fight.

Ghostly psychic energy morphed into ball like forms flew across the room as thunder soared the skies of the area. Both pokemon knocked out instantly.

"I can see you are a formidable foe Hilda. Go Garchomp!"

"Flygon save us from harm!"

This was it. The showdown of some strong dragon type pokemon. Flygon charged at Garchomp but was countered by a claw of dragons. Flygon slashed it's tail at Garchomp flinging it across the arena. Chunks of rock began to fly across the area from Flygon's side of the room followed by double blades chopping at the stones each hitting Garchomp dealing small damage hitting 2 hard blows on Flygon. Flygon lay on the ground.

"Flygon! Hurry get up!" Hilda shouted

"-gon..."

'Flygon can still go. Its using all it's energy to keep going. Does it really want to help her win?' I thought to myself

Flygon returned to its feet. He flew up straight into the sky and dive bombed Garchomp. The dragon pokemon fell to the ground.

"Garchomp is unable to battle! Flygon wins the match for Hilda!"

"We did it Flygon!" Hilda said as she hugged it.

Drayden handed Hilda a badge: The Dragon type badge. Only the pokemon league stands in her way now.

"Professor Juniper requested I spoke with the three of you all. Please follow me." Drayden said as he exited the building