healing

warning: innocent bath scene, a bit of sexual humor(?) only a teeny tiny atomic bit tho! like come on, theyre guys they have these jokes 70% of the time lol oh and lots of dialogue bc meh

--

Taehyung sighs for the fifteenth time for that hour, hastily wiping his cheeks when he hears a knock on the door.

"Come in," he breathes to compose himself.

Taehyung is surprised when he sees a frowning Seokjin enter, eyebrows creased and eyes red-rimmed, with shadows on his face making him look very restless. Maybe Seokjin really was very restless.

Taehyung cast his head downwards in guilt, evading eye contact and only watching each of the older's steps as he approaches him who was sitting slumped on the bed.

"Taehyung? Hey," he greets, voice gentle as always but raw in the way that the owner of the name called could figure as crying one's throat out. He must sound the same if he talks now.

"Are you okay now? Don't lie, please," Seokjin starts his interrogation, lips pressed together tightly and jaw tense. Taehyung sighs his sixteenth.

Taehyung was honestly really just exhausted from everything that happened but he could never find it in himself to ignore Jin, he realizes, as he finally locks his eyes with Seokjin and gives him a weak smile.

"My head hurts, hyung," he admits. Seokjin looks more worried and alarmed as possible. "My stomach hurts and my whole body.." The older panics, did the doctor lie to him about Taehyung being stable?

"..is aching for your love,"

"God damn it, Taehyung." Seokjin spat, face flashing irritation before fading into genuine concern. He rubs a hand to his forehead. Taehyung laughs.

"I was so worried, you idiot." Seokjin breathes, relieved before dropping his hand and unconsciously making a pained face, "I couldn't sleep,"

Taehyung purses his lips, keeping himself together despite the constricting of his chest and the familiar weight crawling its way back to his throat. He caused so much inconvenience, he caused so much disappointment. He doesn't deserve to even feel bad. "Sorry,"

"Don't be," Seokjin's tone is reassuring, now sitting on his bed and facing the younger. "I just need to know if you're alright now,"

Taehyung nods but his head stays lowered after, rendering him unable to see Seokjin reach his hand out to him but taking it back half-way.

"I see," Seokjin instead pats Taehyung's thigh. "You're still not alright,"

And as if Seokjin turns on a tap, Taehyung eyes starts to water and he cries, "I'm sorry, hyung. I'm-" he manages to croak out weakly, gripping his blanket a bit too firmly, "I'm really sorry that I messed up,"

Taehyung lets his tears just flow, "It's all my fault. I disappointed our fans. I disappointed them all, hyung. I disappointed you guys. I am such a disappointment." he rants, bringing his hands to his face. "It's all my fault. I'm a mess. I'm sorry,"

Seokjin sighs and leans forward to ruffle Taehyung's hair, "Hey, Tae." he calls the younger softly, "I want you to look at me,"

Taehyung shakes his head and buries his head deeper in his palms, "You saw me. I look like shit."

"You know you don't."

Taehyung drops his hands down to his lap, all the while looking solemn, "..You're right. I know I don't look like shit. But i feel like shit."

Seokjin rolls his eyes before cupping the trembling Taehyung's cheeks to make him look at him. "I want you to listen to what I say very well," he orders before running one hand through Taehyung's soft hair. The younger nods meekly.