Chapter 7: Vulnerable

"She had a what?!" yelled Tooth in shock as she spun around.

Jack sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "A nightmare."

"How is she now?" Bunny asked.

"Juri's okay now. She's at Jaime's house giving lessons to Sophie. I'm worried guys, she wouldn't sleep at all last night. And I have a huge feeling it's because of Pitch."

"Have you seen him?" Tooth asks.

"No. But we've seen his sand, I think he's hiding."

"Well then we need to find him, and now." North says.

"I tried, last night." Jack said, "Before we got home, we saw some of Pitch's sand, so when she fell asleep, I went to find it. I thought I found his hideout, but it was just...a hole."

Jack sounded confused at that point,  so were the rest of the Guardians. They knew Pitch was in hiding now, but he was good. The Guardians decided that they would scan out all the hideouts Pitch had before he disappeared later that day. But first,  they needed Juri to be protected while they did that since she was the victim.

When Jack closed the Iris message, he decided to call Laila. He would have preferred to send Juri to Anthemoessa with the Sirens due the amount of protection they provide, but she would have been very suspicious. Laila on the other hand, was very close to their location and a friend.

"Hello." Laila said through the phone.

"Hey Laila, it's me, Jack."

"Oh Jack! Hey!" Laila says with a smile, "What's up?"

"Uh... can you do me a favor?"

"Yeah, of course."

"I'm not sure if you heard, but Pitch is back..."

"Oh yeah, Juri told me about that."

"Well last night, Juri had a bad nightmare. Which has been impossible since she's what destroys nightmares. So we think its Pitch's doing. Can you ask Juri to hang out with you today? We need her to be protected till the Guardians and I get back. Can you do it?" He asked.

Though he couldn't see it, but Laila nodded, "Sure that's fine! What time?"

"Uh..." Jack trailed off as he looked at the clock, "5?"

"Okay!"

"Just don't tell Juri that the Guardians and I are looking for him, got it?"

"My lips are sealed."

Just then, Juri unlocked the front door and stepped inside. She looked at Jack,  smiling.

"And she's home." Jack chimed, then walks over to Juri, pecking her lips. He embraced her, then handed her the phone. "It's Laila."

"Hello." Juri said into the phone,  then went on a whole conversation with the faerie.

Jack began to plan as Juri spoke with Laila. 

~*~

Juri picked up her bag, putting it over her head down to her shoulder. She stood on the tips of her toes as Jack bent his head down, she pecked his lips. 

"I'll be back at 10, if you want, you can come join us." Juri chimed with a grin.

Jack chuckled, "Oh please, I totally want to be sobbed on at another chick flick and have my nails painted pink. And talk about how the guy across the street is 'so cute'."

Juri laughed, pinching his nose, "The only guy I think is cute, is you. But then again, you're way better than that."

She winked at him and he laughed. Jack kissed her again saying, "Good."