chapter 3: Lustrous dress

(picture taken from google images) I'm extremely sorry for not being able to publish on the due date i said and also for publishing so late. so here are two chapters of lethal desires. hope you like it 😊

Arianna woke up early in the morning as usual. Her insomnia was getting worse. She usually leaves the house early in the morning, but last night she couldn't sleep entirely. Today, she thought that she would take sometime to pamper herself and mitigate the building stress on her. She needed to be in a good state of mind to ensure the well being of her patients. Arianna took a bath and got ready for work. She wore a long sleeve white blouse and black pants with silver high heels. She looked stunning in the mirror her long silky hair pulled back into a pony tail. By the time she was ready there was a knock on the door.

"Yes?" Arianna said

"Morning Arianna." Lillian said as she walked into the room.

She liked Lillian. She was a respectable woman with a gentleness of a mother. Lillian was unaware of the damages Arianna had done to her marriage, In a way she felt jealous of Lillian being able to sleep in Russell's arms all night but on the other hand she adored her for how much Lillian cared about Russell. They both weren't close. Lillian would make an effort to get close to her but Arianna would keep her distance from her. As a women she was too ashamed of the incest she committed with Lillian's husband.

"Umm I hope you don't mind me barging into your room." Lillian said with an awkward smile.

Arianna smiled back but said nothing.

"I was hoping that you were home today so I made breakfast including you. I would appreciate if you could have breakfast before leaving." Lillian said continuing to smile. Arianna felt bad for blocking her. She was being nice to her and thinking about her, even making an effort to know her. For some extent Arianna felt ashamed for blocking her all this time. She didn't even come to her brother's wedding even after Lillian called and even personally sent the bridesmaid dress to her. But she didn't feel guilty. Under the circumstances she was, she was in no state to attend their wedding.

"Sure. I will be down in a minute." Arianna said smiling and Lillian walked out of the room with a satisfied expression on her face.

Russell sat at the table eating breakfast, he was prepared to see Arianna. Lillian had always made an effort to be close to Arianna but she had always stayed away from Lillian and Russell. He cannot blame her after all what he has done. Lillian came downstairs after talking to Arianna, she looked happy. She informed Arianna joining them as she sat down in the long dinning table with the garden view of the veranda, next to her husband on the right. Russell sat in the end of the table as he was the highest authority in the house. Russell sat there slowly eating his breakfast when he heard Arianna walk into the dining room. He did not look up. He simply did not have the courage to look at her. Arianna walked to Lillian's side to take a seat but Lillian stopped her.

"Why don't you sit next to Russell? You both brother and sister haven't gotten the time to speak a word since Arianna came back. You should make some family time from time to time." Lillian offered smiling. As it would be rude to say no Arianna walked to Russell's left side and took the seat next to him. As she sat down he could see her face clearly from the corner of his eyes. She still looked as exquisite as ever. Her lips as luscious as ever. Russell could barely control himself.

"So Arianna tell us about your stay in London? And how is the hospital you're working right now?" Lillian asked as she passed the bowl of fruits to Arianna.

"London was okay. And the hospital is good too." Arianna said smiling at Lillian.

After that they all ate breakfast in silence. Lillian tried to start a conversation from time to time but failed somehow.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot. We're having company anniversary party for the 50th year of this company tonight so we would like you to join it Arianna. After all you're one of the most important members of this family." Lillian said when Arianna was about to walk away after breakfast.

"Umm I don't really think I can, I have back to back surgeries today, but I'll try." Arianna replied hesitantly.

"Please do try." Lillian said with a smile.

Arianna left for work and it was another hectic day at the hospital. Arianna did not come home that night. She was too exhausted that she did not have the courage to face Russell or anyone. She spend the night in one of the on call rooms that night. She was planning to go home when Lillian and Russell would have left for the party.

"Excuse where can I find Dr. Arianna?" A person with a parcel walked into the nursing counter while Arianna stood in a chair writing progress notes,

"That would be me, how may I help you?" Arianna replied

"This is for you Madame. Please sign here." The person put the parcel on the counter and showed her a sheet to sign of receiving the parcel.

"Who is this from?" Arianna asked rather confused.

"I don't know Ma'am. I was just asked to deliver it to you." The person replied and walked away.

Arianna walked in to the on call room after writing her progress notes to see what was in the parcel. She unwrapped it and opened the box to reveal a beautiful royal blue gown in it with a pair of heals cover in tiny little diamonds. The dress and heals where both a work of art. And on the corner there was a note.

'Wear this to the ball.' There was no name of the sender anywhere on the box and

Arianna was both anxious and curious to know who it was from, therefore she had to attend the ball. There was still two more hours to the ball and she had already finished doing her work at the hospital. Arianna booked an appointment to the nearest saloon and took a shower in the hospital before leaving to the saloon.

Arianna looked at herself in the full length mirror in the saloon. Her hair was pulled up into an up do and the blued dress matched her skin. It was rather a lustrous dress. It had long sleeves but fully backless with small pearl chains hanging like necklaces on her back. The mermaid shape of the dress exposed her beautiful figure and the cut up to her thighs revealed her legs when she walked. She looked completely fabulous in the mirror.

She took her own ride to city hall where the party was held. She could see the glimmering lights from a long distance.

"Russell sure is popular." Arianna said to herself. She parked her car in the guest parking lot and made her way to the hall.

"Madam Can I have your invitation please." The chauffer at the doorway asked her.

"I am Arianna Chris. Sister of Russell Chris." Arianna said to the broad shouldered well built man in the suit.

"Do you have any identity?" He asked but she had already left her bag in the car and the only thing in the clutch she was holding is some money and her phone. This is so embarrassing. First being kicked out of her own party and people not recognizing her as a Chris family member.

"She is with me." A manly voice came from behind her she turned around to see a handsome looking man in front of her. Long face with sharp jaw bones in a tux and a flirty smile.

"Hey gorgeous." He said putting his hand on her waist and planting a soft kiss on her cheek. She was speechless of what to do. The man showed the chauffer the plus one invitation he had and walked into the hall with Arianna.

"You look more beautiful than I imagined." He whispered in her ear as they made their way into the hall from the main entrance.

"This may sound rude but who are you?" Arianna asked.

"Hold on a minute. Lillian will introduce us."

please leave a comment and help
me improve. All comments good or bad will be considered. so please comment. hope you enjoyed this chapter 😘😘