Chapter seven: Reunion

Kiara dropped Arianna home on her way back to home. Arianna waved Kiara good bye as she got out of the car and made her way towards her house. She lived in a cozy big house she bought with all the savings she had for the past years. She had a small garden in front of her house and a comfortable backyard. Kiara drove away and Arianna walked towards her house as she saw someone sitting in her veranda. Who could it be? Was it a suspicious person? As she got closer the person sitting there glaring at her became more visible. Her breath was caught in her throat and she didn't know what to say or do. Russell sat there in front of her house wearing the same clothes as she saw him in the morning. Arianna slowly took one step after the other and walked up to him.

"What are you doing here?" Arianna asked her mouth dry.

"That should be my question." Russell said getting up from the swing he was sitting in.

"There is nothing for you here please leave." Arianna said turning around and trying to put the key into the key hole.

"Nothing for me? What about my child?" Russell demanded of her.

The key slipped from her hand and fell onto the floor. How did he know? Arianna turned around furious with him.

"What do you mean your child? Just giving me your sperm doesn't make this baby yours. This baby is mine and just mine. How dare you show up at my door steps after all these months of ignorance?" Arianna said tears rushing down her eyes.

"Leave me alone and get lost." Arianna said trying to bend to take the key from the ground. She was startled by the sudden pain that rushed up her spine and around her pelvis. She shouted involuntarily.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Russell caught her hand and walked her to the swing he was sitting.

"Are you okay? Are you having labor contractions?" Russell asked nervously. Arianna laughed inside even in her state to hear how stupid Russell sounded.

"I don't think Labor contractions come at six months. This is just premature contractions." Arianna said taking a deep breath.

"Why are you getting premature contractions? Isn't it something to be worried about? Shouldn't you go to the hospital?" Russell asked concerned that she was in bad health.

"No it is fine. It's just that I got too excited that's why. It will be fine with some rest." Arianna replied. She was too exhausted to start an argument with Russell.

"Let's get you inside. Do you live alone?" He asked as he opened the door from the key.

"Yeah I don't have any family, remember? so I live alone." Arianna said as she walked in to the house.

Russell didn't say anything. He didn't wanted to make her upset. He was more worried about her health than getting any answers from her.

The house was cozy from inside as it was from outside. Arianna turned on the lights. It was sparkle clean and everything was neatly arranged. They walked into the living room with chairs put near the fireplace with a small table. Next to it from a little distance was a dinning table and a well kept kitchen.

"It feels very homely here." Russell complemented but Arianna said nothing. She walked past stairs to a bed room downstairs and opened the door. Russell followed her in to the room. The room was big but not as big as the room she used in the mansion. She walked to her bed and put her bag on her bed. And took a seat on the bed.

"So you're going to pretend that I'm not here?" Russell said in silvery voice.

"Wait." Arianna warned him as she took another deep breath before walking into the bathroom. Russell took a seat on her bed. It was soft and comfortable just like her. She came out after in about five minutes wiping her face with a white towel. She sat on the bed across him then took a deep breath.