Chapter 5: A miracle...

Chapter five

      The night sky was lit by the full moon lighting brighter than the stars. It shamelessly fell on Arianna who lay on the bed lifeless. She stared at the sky through the window allowing the light into her room. She was lonely like the moon even with the million stars shinning beside it. She lay there thinking of the events that occurred a month ago. She was getting delusional. She cannot comprehend whether to believe it was reality and had happened or it was just another tender dreams of hers. They didn't speak a single word to each other. The image of him leaning against her, both of them hungry for air. He moved away from her without a word and she knew it was time to leave. The confusion of his actions and the mix up of emotions were stirring deep in her. She had a million questions for him and yet said not a word.. She couldn't tell which pain was more, the pain she felt between her legs or the pain she felt in her heart. The collision of her feelings took the shape of nausea making her rush to the bathroom.

Arianna came back to London and she started working in prestigious royal London hospital. Next day Arianna sat at a bench in the hospital garden. It was a peaceful place to enjoy a morning coffee. Nurses where taking patients to morning walks, guiding them and some in wheelchairs. The new generations of medicine is much more improved and helpful to people. Arianna thought as she sat at the bench. It's been a month and she has completely adapted to the settings of the hospital.

"Morning Arya." Dr. Kiara; her friend and colleague joined her on the bench with a cup of coffee.

"Ooh you look horrible." Arianna teased her. Kiara is one of the most talented neurosurgeon the hospital have. She spend most of her time at the hospital. Rarely takes a day off. This type of behavior has led her to be single at the age of thirty five years. She has never been once married in her entire life.

"I know. Last night to morning I have clipped twelve aneurysm. I had only three minutes of sleep last night to be precise." Kiara said covering her eyes with her hands.

"You should get some sle... What's that smell?" Arianna asked in mid-sentence.

"What smell?" Kiara questioned.

"That lemony smell?" Arianna replied.

"The smell of my shower gel? Really Arya? Are you attracted to me or something? Because I like the opposite sex. Just saying." Kiara said chuckling.

"Oh no I think I am going to..." Arianna ran to the dumpster near the bench. That was her fourth episode of vomiting since morning. What was wrong with her? Did she eat something bad last night? Arianna thought to herself.

"Arya are you okay?" Kiara asked rushing to her side with a bottle of water. She rubbed her back as Arianna continued to vomit.

"Oh god what is wrong with me?" Arianna said wiping her mouth with a tissue and taking the bottle of water from Kiara's hand.

"How many times have you vomited today?" Kiara questioned in an orotund voice.

"That would be the fourth time." Arianna noted calmly taking another sip of water.

"Did you eat something bad last night? Maybe your having food poisoning." Kiara said taking the water and Arianna handed it to her.

"No, I just ate some fruits last night. I was fine till morning. It all started in the morning when I woke up like a morning sickness." Arianna said holding her empty abdomen.

"Oh my god Arya. What did you do in Italy? Are you perhaps...?" Kiara gave Arianna a sneaky look.

"What do you mean?" Arianna babbled looking tired.

"Have you missed your periods by any chance?" Kiara questioned.

Arianna stopped and thought for a moment.