Blackout the Midnight Assassin

"And that is the story of six." Cogitari sighed. "You, as you may have figured by now, are 5 of those six. The new Guardians. The Guardians 2.0 if you may."
I took a few seconds to take this in. It seemed to be was coming together now. "So..." Nelson said. "We're possessed?"
"No no no!" Cogitari said. "Of course not. The souls have merely bonded with yours. Only darkness can possess. And possession is against one of light's laws." Nelson nodded. "Huh." He said.
"If there is only six then how come Matthew and Alex have the same power?" Cogitari pushed up his round copper framed glasses. "I would assume that the souls split up into many pieces. This means that there are many more who have gained this power. Most likely in less concentration then all of you. Kinda like when light hits a prism. It splits into many colours. But that original light is the strongest. Think of your own souls as the prisms." Alex blinked. "That was really really philosophical...but it makes sense." Cogitari nodded. "Anyways, I suppose that it is my job to...train you in a way."
"T-Train us?" I asked nervously. "Train us to do...what exactly?" Cogitari sighed. "Darkness is stirring from his sleep. And a race he created that call themselves the shadows are trying to awaken him faster. You must stop them. Before doomsday is upon us...before the awak-" he was cut off by an explosion. The doors were blown off their hinges. Smoke filled the room. I heard a scream. It was very high pitched. It could have either been Taylor or Matthew(who despite his deep voice has a surprisingly high pitched scream). "H-H-Hello Cogitari!" Said a voice that sounded like it was glitching. His tone reminded me of someone witty or an overly excited game show host. He sounded very charismatic. "I see tha-tha-that you've met our friends here! How wo-wonderful! This will be a rather sh-sh-short meeting though!"
Cogitari sounded panicked. "Guardians. Meet your opponents. Meet the most elite group of the shadow's killers. Meet-"
"Th-Th-The Midnight Assassins!" Said the glitchy voice. "I am their br-br-brave leader! I am your match! I am..." He emerged from the smoke. "Blackout..." he was terrifying. He wore a mask that reminded me of the helmets from halo a bit. His armour seemed to be made out of an obsidian-like material. Tubes ran around and through the armour pumping some sort of glowing purple energy through it. He had a pitch black sword with a tube running through the middle of it with the same energy flowing through it. He took off his helmet. He looked very much like a human. His skin was extremely pale and his eyes seemed to have inverted colours. The whites of his eyes were black instead and the pupils were glowing red. His hair was pitch black. I realized something that made it even more terrifying. He looked like me. Well at least his face and general build was the same. Those other features were obviously different. I had brown hair and brown eyes that actually had whites. And I had an average skin tone. Blackout's skin made him look like a ghost that had been spooked by something. He was smiling evilly. "I am your killer."