6| Room of Requirement

6|Room of Requirement

After transfiguration, Hermione headed towards her next class which is Charms. Luckily, Draco is not there. Finally, she could get the peace she longed for.

Dinner wasn’t so bad that night. Harry and Ron kept complaining about home works even though they have lesser subjects than Hermione.

After a while, the boys stopped complaining and ate their food. After eating, Hermione saw a note in front of her that she didn’t notice earlier. Out of curiosity, Hermione looked around and saw Draco smirk towards her.

Right away, she knew it was from Draco and she hastily opened it.

Room of Requirement
9:00

She crumbled the paper and put it in her pocket. Then, she stood up, bid her friends goodbye, and headed towards the Gryffindor tower. It was only 7:30 but she doesn’t have any plan on meeting Draco.

She has so much homework to do and she is pretty sure that Draco is up to no good.

She settled in the Gryffindor common room and began doing her homework. After a few hours however, students filled the room and it was very noisy.

Being unable to concentrate, Hermione stormed out the room and walked outside with her things.

She was so angry that she didn’t know where she was going. The library is closed so she went to the place she knew was peace and quiet.

She entered the room of requirement and saw that it was the place where she wanted to be. There is a big table with 4 chairs and there was a small sofa in which you can relax. She sat down and began studying again.

“Too excited to meet me, Granger?” she was in the middle of her charms homework when she heard a familiar voice and it made her stop thinking for a while until she suddenly realised everything.

“I’m here to do my homework, Malfoy.” She politely replied and went back to her work.

“Come on, Granger! I’m here to offer you help with your problems!”

“Did I accept your offer?”

“Well, you did come in time here like I told you.”

“It’s only because I need to do my homework in peace!” she defended herself.

“If I help you with your homework, will you hear me out?” She looked up and stared into his eyes and saw that he was serious.

“Why do you want to help me anyway?” she asked.

“Do I have to answer that?” he joked but Hermione was serious. Dead serious.

“Yes, you do. I don’t even know why you bother to talk to me and offer me help even if I seriously do not need any.” She said and then looked straight into his eyes again as if begging for an answer.

He hesitated at first but then he answered.” The war changed the way I look into the world, Granger. Even though I may still be a complete pain in the arse for you, I believe in myself that I have changed. And-“

“Get to the point, Malfoy” she cut him before he even finished his statement. She doesn’t completely believe him but a part of her wants to believe everything he is saying.

“You don’t believe me, don’t you?” she quickly avoided his gaze and answered,” No, But I want you to tell me the truth.”

“I like you.” He answered.