21|Past Tense

21| Past Tense

Harry didn’t see Hermione when he and Ginny had lunch. He became worried but he sighed in relief as he remembered that they are already late for lunch and most of the students are already finished eating.

Ginny must have noticed that Harry was looking for Hermione because she squeezes Harry’s hand and said,”I think she already went to the room of requirement.”

Harry just nodded at her.
They both grab something off their plate as they made their way through the room of requirement.
***
As the door appeared before them, Ginny gave him a reassuring smile and said,” Don’t worry. It’ll be fine.”

“You sure knows what to say.” Harry said and then they entered.

“Hermione!” Ginny called her friend as soon as she saw her reading a book in the far corner.

“Hey.” She greeted back.

“I want you to listen to me.”she added.

And then she told them everything. Except for the fact that Draco Malfoy is inlove with her.

As she told her story, Ginny had a mixed emotion painted on her face but having heard some of the parts already, her expression cannot be compared to Harry.

Harry looks like he had a heart attack.

“Wait, so Ginny actually knew about Draco helping you in the first place?” This was Harry’s first question after he finished hearing the story.

“Yeah.”Hermione replied.

“And you didn’t even tell me” He said facing her girlfriend.

“Why would I tell you?” Ginny questioned.

“Let me see, because I’m your boyfriend!” He exclaimed but he wasn’t angry. He couldn’t be angry with Ginny.

“Well, I choose to be on Hermione’s side than your’s Harry.”

“Ouch.” He said dramatically.

“Don’t get me wrong, I always knew you’d choose Ron over me.” She said in defence.

“I would never!” He defended.

“Liar!” She joked and Harry laughed.

“Oh you two are so sweet.” Hermione exclaimed thinking how much she missed this. Her and her friends just laughing around not thinking about the war and what it brought.

“And I can’t believe that Draco freaking Malfoy actually gave love advices to his enemy.”Harry exclaimed once again.

“Not his enemy, anymore.” Ginny said.

“Then what is Hermione to him?” Harry asked.

“I don’t know but, he has a soft side for Hermione, it’s quite obvious in his actions. He even succeeded in helping her with Ron.” Ginny said smirking towards Hermione.

“Ron. He’s in deep shit right now.” Harry said.

“I can’t believe he cheated on you, Hermione.” He added.

“I am so gonna hex him to oblivion.” Ginny said also.

“Guys, just let him be. I loved that guy once.” Hermione said.

“Loved, Hermione. Past tense.”

And that’s where it all clicked. She doesn’t love Ron anymore. Not one bit. And all these painful things that she endured, it all leads to one thing.

She is now totally inlove with Draco Malfoy.