9|Eavesdropping

9|Eavesdropping

After what happened, Hermione decided to avoid her bestfriends for a while. It was hard for her but according to Malfoy," They must feel her absence."

A week has passed and it has become more easier to avoid them. And every night, she meets up with Draco in the Room of Requirement to discuss the improvement of their mission.

"Okay, so what happened today?" Malfoy asked.

"Well, Harry tried to ask for my help with his Defense Against the Dark Arts homework but I told him that I was busy." She explained.

"Then? What did he do?"

"Just frowned and told me that he'll answer it himself."

"Oh. Alright but- wait, someone is coming." Malfoy said as they heard footsteps outside the room.

They hid behind a book shelve and soon enough, two figures came in.

"Woah, I thought this room is already burned down?" Hermione recognised that it was Harry.

"Well, this place is magic so I’m not surprised at all." Hermione recognised this as Ron's.

"What do you want to talk about Harry?" It was Ron again.

"About Hermione, mate."

"What about her?" Ron said bitterly and it hurts Hermione so much.

"She's purposely avoiding us." Harry sounded concerned.

"Yeah, I know. She's jealous because she's still single and we both have our own girlfriends."

"Ron! Don't say it like that. She's still our friend. Besides, you shouldn't have given her a sign that you like her if you don't even like her."

"Sign? What are you talking about?"

"I know about the kiss you shared in the Chambers of Secrets, Ron."

"It meant nothing." Ron simply said not knowing that this statement clearly changes everything.

"What do you mean it meant nothing Ron? You gave her a false hope." Harry said angrily towards the ginger.

"Look, I'm sorry alright. I thought that it will be the end and that Lavender is dead already."

"You should apologise to someone, and that someone is definitely not me." Harry said and then stormed out of the room.

"Harry, wait!" And Ron went after him and it was the two of them alone in the room again.
***
"Hermione, are you alright?"
It was a rhetorical question since he sees Hermione crying in front of him.

He clearly doesn't know what to do since no girl cried in front of her before so he just embraced her for a while and it worked. Hermione stopped crying.

"The kiss was everything to me, and it was nothing to him. How could I be so stupid?" She laughed at herself.

"Hey, It's normal for people who are inlove to do stupid things."

"I need to have my friends back, Draco." She changed the topic to stop the tears from falling down.

"Just wait for them to do the first move, alright?"

She nodded.

"I love you, Ron." She thought. It was the truth she denied at first but it only grew as to what it is now.
***