7|Conflicts

7|Conflicts

“What?” she was surprised at his answer but her shocked face completely evanesced when Malfoy started laughing.

“I was only joking, Granger.” He said and then laughed. This made Hermione calm down and she put on a serious face once again.

“Then what is your reason?” She said and in a split-second, Draco knew she was serious and he politely answered,” Because I believe you need my help.”

“How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t need your help?” She shouted but Draco is not a type of person that easily gives up.

“Hermione, I am giving you an astounding offer.” She flinched when he said her first name slowly and clearly but then she replied,” Thanks, but no thanks.”

And then, she left the room and went to her dormitory.

She knows that she was a bit harsh on him but she is only playing safe. Who knew what Draco Malfoy is capable of?
***

The next couple of days, Draco did not dare to offer her help again and it gave her peace. But only for a little while because wherever she went, Lavender and Ron were always snogging the daylights out of each other as though purposely trying to make her jealous.

“Hermione!”  She is on her way towards the library when she heard a familiar voice.

“Yes, Harry?” She asked.

“Look, we’re going to Hagrid’s this afternoon. Wanna come?” He asked excitedly.

“Of course I want to come with you guys. Meet me in the Gryffindor tower after class?”

Harry nodded and she bid farewell to him as she proceed to her next class.

After earning a lot of house points in her potions class, she went straight to the Gryffindor tower.

“Snargaluff” She said towards the fat lady and she gladly let her in.

“Hermione” Harry and Ron chorused as soon as she entered the common room.

“Let’s go.” She said excitedly. It’s been a while since the three of them bond together.

“Let’s wait for Ginny first.” Harry said.

“Also for Lavender.”  Ron added.

“Oh, I thought it was just the three of us.” Hermione said feeling hurt. Since she has no choice, she sat down and waited for the two also.

“Hermione, you’ve been distant with us lately.” Harry was the one who broke the awkward silence that embraced them.

“Oh, maybe because you have been distant with me lately.” She answered sarcastically.

“What does that even mean?” Ron questioned.

“You know what I mean Ronald!” she shouted. Anger is filling her up.

“Oh, you’re jealous of me and Lav aren’t you?” he said and then laughed.

“I’m not!” she lied. “Actually, I’m just mad because you two have been busy with your girlfriends that you forgot that I even exist!”
“So you are jealous with me and Lavender.” Ron confirmed.

“There’s too much air in your head Ronald! You think all girls like you? Well, I don’t. Not anymore!” she said and stormed out of the room.
***

“There’s no need to fight Hermione, Ron.” Harry said towards her friend as their friend ran away.

“Can’t you see, Harry? She wants me to break up with Lavender."

“Ron, why do you keep thinking that way?” Harry said and then went straight towards the door to run after Hermione however, Ginny and Lavender came.

“Oh, are we going already?” Lavender asked and positioned herself beside Ron as Ginny walked beside Harry.

“Let’s go to Hagrid’s, Harry” Ron said, "She’ll come to her senses and come back to us when she needs our help."