13|The Burrow

13|The Burrow

The last few days worked out well for Hermione and now, everyone is looking forward for Christmas Break. Ron invited her to stay at the burrow and she gladly accepted it.

“Let’s go, Hermione. The train could be there any moment.” Harry called towards her as they walk towards the train station.

She walked beside Harry and Ginny who was holding each other’s hand.

“Where’s Ron?” She asked.

“I’m right here, ‘mione” Ron came out of nowhere.

“Let’s go?”

“Sure.”

The burrow has become her and Harry’s second home and it feels so good to stay there for the Christmas vacation. The place also becomes more welcoming due to the hospitality of the Weasley family.

“Hermione, dear!” Mrs. Weasley hugged her as she entered the house.

She hugged her back. “I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to spend the last summer here.”

“It’s okay, dear.”

“Mum, stop harassing my girlfriend.” Her heart skipped a beat. It makes her so happy every time he addresses her that way.

“Finally, It’s about time.” Mrs. Wealey shouted in excitement.

“Hermione! I’ve missed you.” It was George.

“Hi, George! I’ve missed you too. How’s Percy?”

“He’s fine.” He answered.

It took the whole night of catching up with all the Weasley family and she got to bed with Ginny after an exhausting day.

The next day, the agreed to go holiday shopping since they haven’t bought presents yet. So after breakfast, they took the floo powder to go to Diagon Alley.

They took separate ways to hide what they have bought for each other. First, she bought Harry a book about Quidditch and some treacle tart. Then, she bought a homework planner and some chocolate frogs for Ron, Some Quidditch Supplies for Ginny, and some treats for everyone else. And lastly, she met up with Harry and Ron in the Leaky Cauldron.

Staying in the burrow was fun. They played Quidditch the day after they had their holiday shopping, and she packed the gifts that night too. The next day, they helped degnome  the garden and played Quidditch again. But she knew that they have to come back for Hogwarts soon.

“Wake up! Wake up! It’s Christmas.” Hermione is woken up from her deep slumber by Ginny. She was a bit grumpy but then she realized that it’s Christmas Day.

“Merry Christmas, Ginny.” She smiled at her friend.

“Let’s open our presents.”

They walked down towards the living room where all the presents are under the Christmas tree. Ron and Harry are already there.

“Merry Christmas, Hermione.” Ron walked towards her and he kissed her. It was magical for her as she kissed him back. However, they quickly pulled apart as George and Percy came in the room.

Together, they search for their presents under the tree.

Hermione got books from Harry, Joke products from George, some treats from Percy and a broom from Ginny. 

Of course, they all received a Weasley Sweater.

It has been a good vacation but after a few days, they needed to go back to Hogwarts and complete their 8th year.

“Thank you, Mrs. Weasley for letting us stay in the burrow for this vacation.” She said.

“Oh, you are always welcome in the burrow. You can spend summer with us if you want to.” Mrs. Weasley said.

“I’ll think about it.”