chapter fourteen

[one month later]

19:38 

She walked along the cobbled pavement, hands stuffed deep in the pockets of her oversized black coat and eyes twinkling from the fascinating happenings around her. A black mask covered most of her features, allowing the idol to make her away around the bustling streets of Seoul freely. 

One, two. One, two. Boots tapped against the ground in a steady beat as she let her mind wander. 

It was a mundane Thursday night for Taeyeon, made even worse since she had no activities in that week. It didn't take her long to decide if she should laze around at home or take a refreshing walk in the streets of Seoul. Hence, there the girl group leader was, enjoying her alone time taking in the breathtaking view the quiet night provided.

When it was time to head home, she hailed a cab and busied herself by scrolling through her social media. It was only when the driver spoke up and several honks were heard that she glanced up from her phone. 

"Young people these days." A resigned sigh followed right after.

Straining her eyes, Taeyeon noticed the unmoving car next to them on the roads. A young man about the age of 25 was busy having his arm slung around the girl next to him and talking, both apparently too immersed in their own world to notice the change in traffic lights. 

And then the memories came flooding back — bittersweet ones that felt way too nostalgic for Taeyeon. 

//

[140618]

01:50 

"Stop fidgeting around, Baekhyun."

There was the clearing of throat before the 22 year old halted all movements altogether, face flushing red from embarrassment. His eyes darted around, looking at everywhere and anywhere except her. In order to keep himself occupied, Byun Baekhyun took a glance at his watch.

"It's 1.50am. Do you think they've reached?"

Kim Taeyeon gave a tiny shrug, lips forming a pout that made his heart skip a beat. This close, he could see her bare face which, to be honest, took his breath away literally. With or without make up, the girl before him was breathtakingly beautiful under the soft moonlight. It wasn't the first time he had met her face-to-face, but being in a car with just her alone? 

Baekhyun had wanted to jump in joy. 

"So," Taeyeon spoke up, interrupting his train of thoughts. "How are you coping? With all these upcoming promotion activities... Must be a lot to take in, huh?" 

He cracked a smile, rubbing the nape of his neck. "Quite, actually. But we're really excited to show the fans what we've been working on. Also, that exhilarating feeling when we finish performing on stage and hear the loud applause..."