chapter sixteen (end)

SEO INGUK // FLOWER

❝and then you were just like the winds that came and went like a silent hurricane

❝and then you were just like the winds that came and went like a silent hurricane.❞  

15:09

Byun Baekhyun wouldn't stop talking.

He had just one last schedule to go for before the vacation started. Contrary to his fears, EXO was given an entire month of holiday, which meant that he was free for the whole of December. Schedules were expected to be hectic, once again, when the new year starts. That, however, was the least of his concerns at that point in time. As the staff busied themselves with setting up the recordings, he rambled on and on about his wishlist.

"I'll honestly stuff cucumbers into your mouth if you don't stop talking." Kyungsoo shot him a glare as he fixed his mic.

He did stop talking at the mention of cucumbers, but only for a mere few minutes. 

When the recording for their new variety show ended, Baekhyun literally skipped his way to their manager as he gave them a short debrief. Everyone shouted in excitement when they were released, with every member agreeing to update about their daily happenings in their group chat.

"Baekhyun!" 

He turned to find Yixing beckoning him over while the other members were occupied. Brimming with curiosity, Baekhyun walked over briskly.

"Where are you going, Baek?"

"Not my grandmother's house, don't worry." A mischievous grin made its way to the beagle's face as his hyung literally rolled his eyes. 

With one hand clutching onto his bag and the other tousling his hair, Baekhyun continued, "I'm heading over to Jeju Island."

"Jeju Island?" Yixing repeated, eyes widening slightly. "Alone?"

"Yeah. I've always wanted to visit the famous Jungmun Beach over there." Baekhyun knew how surprised the members would be if they ever hear of this. He wasn't exactly someone who liked to be alone, and he's nearly never caught being alone. This time, however, the 25 year old wanted to be somewhere where there was peace and calmness. Where he could settle down for a few days and reflect on what good and bad he had done for the past year. 

A healing trip, he would call it.

Giving an encouraging slap to the younger's back, Yixing smiled and nodded, resembling that of a proud brother. That mere action alone tugged at the corner of Baekhyun's lips as well as he felt something warm bubbling deep within him. Warmth ; comfort.