The Meeting

*L's P.O.V*

I saw Sara just race off. I wasn't even going to ask. She's just a crazy person. I know she's not really going to sleep. We have really bad insomnia. Neither of us have slept in five years. Yeah, we had slept before. Maybe three hours every four days. I ignored these thoughts and logged onto my buisness computer and set up a meeting with the task force to talk about the latest global problem, Kira. I had been working on this case for 2 weeks before I contacted the task force. I am one of the 3 greatest detectives known to Japan, and even global. Actually, I'm all 3, but I disguise my voice in order to not be killed by prisoners looking for revenge. I have never shown my identity to anyone, not even the task force. Not yet. So, I set up my voice transmitter and put in a private call to Watari, my assistant, so he can show the video to Cheif Yagami.

"Cheif, my boss is on the line."

"Yes, play the video on the main screen."

"Hello, task force. I have called to inform you of the latest global problem."

"Yes, Kira. We already know. L, will you help us catch him?"

"Of course. If I wasn't interested in helping, then I would've never called you."

"Of course. What shall we do?"

"We should try to lure him. Send an officer to investigate the people in your home. We need to take all precautions neccessary."

"What!? Why our homes? My wife, son, and daughter isn't Kira!"

"Cheif Yagami," I sighed "I'm not saying they are, but we need to check just in case."

"Fine, but they're not Kira."

"Chief!" Ray Penber called out.

"What?"

"I'll follow your family."

"Fine. I trust you anyways."

"Yes, Agent Penber. You may look after the Yagami family." I said.

"Thank you." He bowed.

"Well now that we have that over with, we can go. Agent Penber should start immediately. I will call you all back when I figure out more information, or you can get Watari to call me. Goodbye."

I logged off and started thinking. Kira, we WILL find you, and we won't stop until we do. I got up and layed on my bed, thinking of the safety of my sister. This mission is dangerous. What if Kira got to her before I could get to him? He would probably have no hesitation to kill her if he knew she was my sister. I had to protect her.

~Two Days Later~

"L!"

I covered my ears with my hands. This was the first time in 2 weeks I had gotten a little bit of sleep and Sara was trying to wake me up.

"LEWLIET, GET YOUR ASS UP!!!" She started jumping on the bed so I took my pillow and hit her in the knees. "Ow!" She yelled as she landed on the floor.

I laughed slightly as I stretched out to yawn. I yelled when Sara pulled my hand and pulled me off the bed.

"Sara!"

She giggled like an innocent child. "Yes, my wonderful brother?"

"Cut the crap, Sara."

Her nose scrunched up slightly, "Ew. That sounds nasty. Why would I do that?"

"Oh hush. Why'd you wake me up?"

"Oh!" Her face lit up. "Watari called. The task force in Japan wants you to meet with them. In Japan!"

"Fine, but you're not going. It's too dangerous."

"But! Pllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeee!" She started jumping up and down and whining. "I'll be good!!!! I'll even sign up in school there and go everyday. I'll wear a disguise and all that!"

"You can go if you shut up, and if you go to school every single day. The disguise isn't neccessary. Just don't say you're my sister."

"Okay! YAY! We're going to Japan!" She smiled so big that I thought her face would split in half.

Yep, we're going to Japan.