The Festive of Fools

Elsa

    "Elsa! You're back!" I hear as I open my tent to see my little sister Anna getting her hair done while her boyfriend Kristoff sat next to her, holding her hand. Anna and I looked nothing alike, she had long strawberry hair and light blue/green eyes. She looked just like our mother when she was alive, as beautiful as ever. "I'm sorry I took so long, I ran into a little problem with the guards." I say as Sven runs up to Kristoff nudging his nose into his leg. "Hello Sven, did you and mommy get into some trouble..." Kristoff started as he looks up at me, "Again."

    I roll my eyes at him as I go behind a curtain and start to change. "I don't start trouble, trouble just finds me that's all." I say as I take off my light blue dress and put on my fire red skirt and matching crop top. As I step out form behind the curtain to see Anna wearing her green crop top and matching skirt with her hair up in a lose bun. "So are you going to tell me what happened last night at with the guard?" Anna ask as I sit down and start to brush my hair.

    "Nothing happened Anna, the guard thought I stole something when I didn't and I had to take sanctuary in Norte Dame. That's all." I say as I start to curl my hair as it loosely goes past my shoulders. "Okay, so how did you escape then? Because if I know Judge Nevil's guards they had the place circled so if you leave, they can take you in." Kristoff ask as he pulls Anna into his lap. I put stop brushing my hair thinking about last night, the amazing adventure I had. Then there was Jack, the boy with the ice powers like me.

    "I meet a boy." I say as I look at Anna and I knew my face was flushed. "A boy? Elsa, you meet boys every day, why is this one making you flush?" She ask. I smile a little, "Because his like me Anna..." I say as I see her eyes widen. "Wait, a boy with ice powers?" Anna ask making Kristoff sigh, "You meet Jack." He says making us both look at him. "What?" My sister and I asked together. "I know Jack?" I ask. "You meet someone like Elsa and you didn't tell us, me!?" Anna ask as she starts to hit him on the chest.

    "Ouch, Anna stop." He says as he pushes her off his lap. We stare at him trying to figure out how he knew before we did. "Tell us everything now." I say as I cross my arms, Anna coping. Kristoff holds his hand up thinking he might save himself if he did. "Alright I'll tell you, remember that story I told you? About the gypsy husband and wife that got taken away by the Judge and he raised their 'monster' of a son?" We nod.

    "Jack is that son, and he knows it but the Judge has filled his head thinking he'll go to Hell if he believes it or uses his powers. That's why he wears the gloves, he thinks he'll hurt someone or worse." It broke my heart hearing this, that the story I loved so much was true, and Jack was the missing son. "No wonder he was so scared to be around me, he thought he was going to hurt me." I sigh as I move my fingers through my hair, "He called himself a monster because that what Nevil has raised him to believe." I say as I feel Anna grab my hand.

    "I've been trying for years to make him understand his one of us, to leave the Judge but... He just doesn't listen. I even told him to come here today, I'm support to meet him soon but who knows if he'll come." Kristoff says. "His coming... I convince him last night to come." I say. I could tell on Kristoff's face he was surprised, "How? You've known him for less then 24 hours while I've known him for almost three years, how did you do it?" The question catch me off guard, how did I convince Jack to come out today? I closed my eyes and saw his face, the way he looked at me, his smile and the way he saw beauty in the world. I could feel a smile go on my face as I opened my eyes, "Because I wanted to see him again, and he wanted to see me again too. I can't explain it but we have a connection that I've never felt before."