6.

"Whoa, dude, what the hell?" I yelled, trying to roll out from underneath him.

"Rowan? What's going on?" Jeremy yelled, him and Tommy trying to scale carefully down to us.

I turned my head back to the freakishly perfect looking dude who was still pining me to the snow and I was only more confused as I looked into his eyes. It was like seeing someone who had been born blind finally seeing the world for the first time, taking in the wonder of it all, but the wonder he was looking at was me. His eyes bore down onto my face, taking me in and despite everything, I managed to feel my cheeks get hot with embarrassment, and then grow even hotter when I realized he had noticed.

He tilted his head, studying me and then touched his fingers to my soft cheek with his bare hands. I expected them to be freezing without gloves, but they felt totally normal against my skin, like he'd just spent the whole day inside, not thrashing around in the snow. "Wow." He whispered.

I struggled a hand free and smacked his hand away from my face. "Seriously, what are you doing?" I snapped.

He looked puzzled for a second, and then like some realization to what he was doing kicked in and he shook his head, his dirty blonde hair swaying slightly above his striking sea foam green eyes. He smiled, almost like he was embarrassed too, and I rolled my eyes. Of course his freaking smile is perfect too. His face was so purely free of any type of imperfection that is was almost annoying. "I'm sorry, I don't know what I..." He drifted, bringing his hand to the side of his neck where he was still bleeding. The cut had been superficial and it wasn't going to do any damage unless it got infected or something, which it could, especially since some little metal thing came out of his neck.

"What is that?" I asked, turning my head to the side to look at the bloody thing in the snow beside me. "Who are you?"

"Your friends don't look happy with me." He said suddenly, rolling off of me and lunging forward onto his feet and grabbing his gun from the ground, pointing it up at my group. Jeremy and Tommy both stopped in their tracks, holding their hands up in the air a few yards away.

"I'd say they aren't since you are holding them at gunpoint and you just tried to kill me." I pointed out. Tommy took a half step closer, and the guy held the gun out straighter, a warning. "Who are you?" I asked him again and he half looked at me, still keeping the others in his line of sight.

He pulled his brows together, still seeming confused by what was going on, and I had to admit I am seconding that feeling. He looked at me again, his expression getting all gooey again as he watched me stand up carefully. He brought his hand to his neck again, pressing his fingers into the wound and wincing slightly. The sight turned my stomach, I've always been a tab squeamish. He pulled his fingers away and shook his head. "Not good." He muttered.

"What's not good?" I asked.

He looked at the ground. "Where is it?"

I followed his gaze to the snow spotted the little thing by the snow with angry red places. "The microchip thing?"

His eyes snapped to mine. "Where?"

I looked back up at the group further up the path, and Jer and Tommy who were closer, but not close enough to hear the more than strange conversation I was having with this guy. Not that you could call me asking questions, and him ignoring them and asking different ones a conversation. I considered whether or not to tell him where the thing was, but I decided since he was the one with the gun, I'd go with whatever he said. "It's right there." I pointed it out for him and he turned his back on the group, putting the gun down at his side and he dropped to his knees in the snow to grab it. "What is that?" I asked as he picked it up and examined it between his fingers. "Please tell me who you are." I added, trying to sound sweet. "Were you in that last group? Did the gas mask protect you?"