32.

Exiters Capitol

Alexandrea Morten walked briskly through the daft hallways of what once was the building of upmost importance to the silly little beings that once lived here. Who fames a building like this? It isn't the building that is important, but the people who reside inside of it. Silly, stupid, little rats she thought to herself.

She eyes the young men and women in the hall, getting rid of ridiculous things like president's portraits or directions to tours and other things we no longer need.

This white house is no longer a place for the ones below us.

Although, she thought to herself with a smile, everyone is below her.

Alexndrea Morten, the most important living breathing person on this planet. It sounded good to her. It had always sounded good to her. From the first moment her tiny child brain could comprehend things, she'd known she was to become something amazing. Something unstoppable. Something better. She was born with a destiny, something so few other Exiters have the pleasure of knowing. Her fate was written in the stars. She was always meant to be.

It was only through her that her people would be lead to this beautiful place.

The Great Blue was providing.

She'd seen the pictures and watched videos of this place, but none of it did it actual justice. This place was a world of wonders. And it was all thanks to her that she and her people were here.

"Your Excellency," A man whose name she had no reason to know bowed his head to her as she passed. It was like she was a queen, or more like it...a God.

She smiled politely at the man, whishing she could ignore his existence all together, but she had appearances to keep. She knew ruling with an iron grip over her people was a necessity, but she also wanted their adoration. She always had.

From the moment she was born, she was respected. Everyone fawned over the beautiful little girl who would one day lead them out of the darkness. She was the one chosen and the one revered. No one had ever raised a hand or a harsh tongue to her in this life, and she knew that no one ever would. They couldn't after all.

She could admit that life got a bit boring sometimes with all of those around her eating up her every word and never asking a single question. They were a bunch of blank little dolls here to serve her and preserve her and all of the other little things her mother used to clamor on and on about.

Alexandrea knew she should probably feel bad to have left dear old Mother behind, but she didn't. She was sick of her and her never ending talking. Like she thought she was the one who was supreme. All the woman did was push her from her loins, Alexandrea was the true gift, not her mother.

The plus side to having a bunch of mindless, senseless drones at your disposal was that whatever you said was the truth. Alexandrea didn't have to explain to a single soul why she wanted her mother un-included with the Exiters. Her demands were all that matter. If she said it, so it would be.

With the corners of her crimson painted lips turning up, she turned to face back down the long hall at the little busy workers. "Leave." She grinned. "And skip rations tonight."

With fake painted smiles they all bowed, turning and leaving up the hall away from her.

If she told them to jump they would. If she told them to kill they would. If she asked them to die they would. They were hers.