40.

"Let me go!" I yell, the tears pouring down my face.

He's dead.

Jeremy is dead.

The last piece I had of myself, of my past, of the real world that once was. He's gone, and I'm all alone in this world. How many times had I had the opportunity to tell him how much I love him but I didn't? How many times had I taken him for granted before this all happened? I'd hated him once. I'd hated how everything he did was perfect and everyone loved him better than me. I was the mistake sibling, the lame one born after Mr. Perfect, I'd always hated that. But I'd have never wanted to be alone. I'd never have traded any of that for the alternative.

I loved my brother. I did. I loved him so much and I thought he's always be there, looking over his shoulder at me, telling me what to do, being mad at me when I didn't answer. I never considered a life where there was no Jeremy.

He was it.

I'm alone now.

He left me.

No, they took him.

They'd taken everything else, and now they'd taken all I had left.

"Get the hell off of me!" I screamed, scratching at the arms around me but when I'd fling my head back into the man's hard chest, I could see that cold and expressionless face. It didn't matter what I did. He'd carry out whatever he was told to do.

It only made me fight harder when I thought about it.

I had a feeling I knew why I'd be grabbed alone like this. She wants me. She wants to use me and then kill me. She's looking to repeat the past, but I'm not the girl she had the first time. Kayne and I weren't off alone this time, we had friends, and family. We've got people here. She can't do to me what she did before.

Actually, she could still kill me.

I force myself to pay attention. I had to look at those stupid blueprints too. I know where were when I was grabbed, so I close my eyes as I'm shoved and yanked through rooms and passages. As I feared, I know exactly where we are headed.

He's taking me to her.

I let that sink in as the building shakes with another explosion and the sounds of shots become more and more faint the further we go through the building.

By the time we exit into another hallway and come to a door guarded by ten men with heavy machinery I've come to terms with what's going on. My brother is dead, and I might be following right behind him.

Two men pat me down for weapons and then shove me roughly into the room, making me stumble onto my knees. Again, not how I planned to visit the oval office.

"How unpleasant of a surprise." Her voice is strained. It should be. She should be worried. Just because she's got me doesn't mean that she's ended anything that's happening out there. I have to remain calm and keep believing that they'll be able to do this, even if I'm lost.

I worry though in the back of my mind what Kayne has done, knowing by now he's figured out I've been taken. I hope that he can put the mission first, but I'm not positive.

"I thought you'd be over the moon to see me." I spit, shoving back up to my feet. "You had your robot bring me here after all." I'm trying to sound tough even though on the inside I feel anything but tough.

Alexandrea smiles, her rep lined lips twisting in the corners, making her look just a viciously evil as I have her made up to be in my mind. She's losing her grip though. Her hair is a mess like she's been running her hands through it and her fingers twitch slightly at her sides. She's afraid. I can use that.