Chapter 10: Christmas

~the next day~
I was having breakfast and then my owl Yin came and she landed on the table in front of me, she got a note attached to her leg. It was from Hagrid's, it was a bit hard to discover the letter because Hagrid's handwriting's like crap. You just cant read it, luckily for me I got a good sight and I used to write my homework over from Max and his handwriting is even worse. He asked if me, my brothers, Ron and Hermione could come to his hut at the forest after lunch. I quickly scribbled a yes back and told yin to go to Hagrid. Then it was time for those stupid classes, don't get me wrong I love magic. It's just I don't like learning it, it's too much to know. The subject I hate the most is history of magic, the teacher professor Bins is so boring that he himself died in front of the class. And he's still teaching as if he's still alive, that's what you call teaching goals. I always sleep in that class, the subjects I love the most are transfiguration, charms and potions. I like defence against the dark arts too, but the teacher gives me the creeps. After classes we went to Hagrid's hut. When we came at his hut I knocked on the door and I heard someone stumbling to the door and then Hagrid opened it. "Hiya Hagrid, how are you?" "Hi you lot, I'm doing fine." "Okay, why did you ask us to come?" "Because I need to show yeh guys something." He let us in and then we saw a cauldron at the fire. "Hagrid, what's inside that cauldron?" "Yeh know, I've always wanted a dragon. And now I got one" he said proudly. "Holy shit Hagrid, you got a dragon?" I asked rather excited, it's not often that you see a dragon as a pet. "Yep, I think it will hatch soon. But I think yeh lot need to go before someone catches yeh out of bed". "Okay, bye Hagrid. Owl us when the dragon is born". "Yeah, I will do thet. Bye". Then we left Hagrid's hut to go to the common room to sleep. I saw the twins, Cassidy, Max and Lee and I hugged them and the trio all good night.
~the next day~
I awake again to someone shaking me, damn you would think that people should know already that I hate waking up. "Come on Sophie, wake up. I'm leaving soon" then I wake up, and in the progress I bumped my head to the upper balk of my bed. "What? Your going? You cant go, tell me they didn't expel you. Omg that would be all my fault." I panicked, then Hermione laughed and said "no, they didn't expel me. I'm going home for Christmas." Oh, I feel really stupid now. "Phew, I really thought I wouldn't see you again" "I'm glad to know that you care enough for me to miss me", "of course I would miss you, you're one of my girl besties." "Aw, you're my one of my besties too. Do you want to go downstairs to the great hall where the rest of the gang is?" "Yeah sure, but first let me wake up Cassidy". I walked to her bed and jumped on her, "WAKE UP YOU LAZY ASS". She woke up startled "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING SOPHIE POTTER?" "I'm trying to wake you, Mione is leaving". "What why, oh no did she get expelled by us? I'm so sorry I will go to professor Dumbledore and tell them to un-expel you". "No Cassidy, Hermione's not expelled. That's what I said too when I found out, and why US?" "Oh okay, because if Hermione is going to be expelled it would be because of one of our pranks". "Yeah you're right, but she's going home for Christmas". "Really, I'm so going to miss you" Cassidy said. Then we all held a group hug. We walked downstairs and we saw the twins, my brothers and Ron, they were busy with magic chess. Then I saw that a chess piece hit another piece, then Hermione said "that's barbaric". At which Harry and Ron shrugged their shoulders. Then she whispered to us "try to find anything you can about Nicholas Flamel." "Sure Mione, we will." Then I hugged her and said "I'm gonna miss you so much, don't make too much fun without me okay?" she laughed "I'm gonna miss you too, and if I'm going to do something fun then you're the first who I'm gonna call. Bye" "Bye" Then Cassidy, Mione and I held another group hug, and Fred, George, Lee, Max, Harry and Ron joined too. She laughed and then she left. I went to sit next to Fred, George, Lee and Cassidy and the whole hall was empty. Only the Weasley's, Lee, Cassidy, me and my brothers, a few Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and a few Slytherins where here. I played a little chess against Ron, then Fred and then George. I could play to Harry and Max too, but we were not even good in regular muggle chess so wizard's chess is just too much. Then we had dinner and it was time for us to go to bed, we did and I said good night to everyone. Cassidy and I had the dorm for us alone, so we ran inside and said at the same time "PILLOW FIGHT" and we hit each other with pillows. It was quite boring to be the only ones in our dorm, so we decided to sleep in my brothers dorm. And not only because we were boring but Cassidy just told me that she had a crush on my brother, and no not Harry on Max. "Night boys, night Cassidy" I called to them when we were almost off to sleep, "Night Soph" they said even Fred, George and Lee who were a dorm above us told me good night. Apparently they could hear it, and that night I slept without a single nightmare.
~the next day~
Ron woke me up, "Sophie come on, it's Christmas. Come on before Fred, George, Lee and Cassidy have unpacked all the presents." I looked confused and Harry and Max did too, then at the same time we asked "We've got presents, we've never gotten any presents". "Wait, you three have never gotten any presents" and we shook our heads no. Then he looked at us with pity, "that's so sad, why" I laughed "because our aunt and uncle hate us" it was just that simple. We walked downstairs to the common room and we saw a Christmas tree with a lot of presents. Then I saw the twins, Lee and Cassidy and they hugged me real long and said "HAPPY CHRISTMAS SOPHIE", I laughed and hugged them too with the same excitement. "I see that you didn't start without me, that must have been really hard to not rip them apart?" then Fred sighed and said "Soph, you've got no idea". Then we all picked one present and I got one from the Dursley's, "The Dursley's gave me a present? If it's a toothbrush or something I kill them" I said jokingly, or not. "Yes, and you will call me right?" I laughed and said jokingly "Of course Lemon, I will call you when I murder my aunt, uncle and Nephew". But it wasn't, it was money. Well it was 50 pence, but hey you don't hear me complain. Max and Harry opened the one from the Dursley's as first too, we all looked at each other and laughed. "Can you imagine uncle Vernon's face when he needed to sent us that cash, I think that he was super angry that he even needed to give us something" Max and Harry nodded and we laughed again. Then I opened a present from ms. Weasley "your mom sent me a present, why?" "well I think because we all write everyday to our mom because otherwise she would kill us, and we write about everything so we also wrote about you four". "Aw guys, that's so sweet of you and your mom. And I'm honoured that you write about me everyday, I know that I'm awesome but you don't need to tell your mom I mean she will get it when she sees me. Wait you're stalkers, that explains everything" I told them jokingly. Everyone laughed and then I unpacked her present and saw that it was a red woollen sweater with in the middle a large S, "OMG I FREAKING LOVE IT" the Weasley's laughed just like my twin brothers. I saw Harry, Max, Cassidy, Ron, Percy, Fred and George all had one too, and she even gave me chocolate fudge I love their mother already. I love fudge, well actually I love everything that's pizza or chocolate. I took a bite "Omg your mom is an amazing kook" I told them, their ears turned red and they said "Thanks". Then I took another present which was from someone I don't know, "alright do I have a secret admirer or something? I've got no clue from who this is". I opened it and inside was a beautiful necklace, and there was a note too. The necklace was the shape of a lily, and weird enough it reminded me of my mom. I read the note
"Dear Sophie,
I don't know if you still remember me, I don't think you do. The last time we saw each other was when you were one. But I wanted to give you this necklace, it was your mom's. She always wore it, even at nights. I told her many times that she doesn't need to wear it at nights, but that's not the point. The point is that she meant to give this necklace to you when you were old enough, but sadly she passed away. So that's why I wanted to give this to you, I hope your not like your dad, me and our other best friends and that you are giving the teachers a hard time. I met you and your brothers when you were baby's and you were my favourite and the cutest baby's ever (don't tell your brothers that), and we played together many times. We even celebrated Christmas together when you were just a newborn and when you were one, but I just wanted to tell you that I love you three very much and that I miss your parents deeply. Happy Christmas.
Love your uncle Moony."
When I was done reading the letter I laughed a bit while I was crying, then George asked me "Sophie why are you crying?", and then I showed everyone the letter. Everyone was speechless after that, till I broke the silence "George, could you maybe help me with this necklace". "Yeah sure", then he picked up the necklace and clasped it around my neck. Cassidy looked at me smirking and winking, so I playfully glared at her. Then Harry picked up a present which was for the tree of us, also there was a note attached to it. It said:
"Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well."
After reading the letter I looked inside the box and there was a cloak "Why would our dad give us a cloak?" I asked to Harry and Max. they shrugged their shoulders "yeah guys that's very helpful" "come on, try it on" Ron said, I did and my body just disappeared. "What the hell" me and my brothers said at the same time. The Weasley's and Cassidy looked at me while gaping at my now disappeared body, "You know that it's not nice to stare right guys?" I told them and they immediately stopped and looked at the ground. "That's a invisibility cloak" Ron told me "What? No, how did you know" I said sarcastically. "Hahaha Sophie, that's real funny" he said. "Holy freaking shit, you got an invisibility cloak? This could come in handy" Cassidy said smiling like a crazy person while rubbing her hands. "You're real creepy you know that?" Max said, "But I think it's cute" he said while blushing and she smiled real big and blushed. Seriously, if they don't end up in the future than I'm going to jump in the black lake so the giant squid can eat me. "Oh yes, if Lemon does it it's cute. But when I do it you think that I'm the most crazy person ever, thanks bro love you too" "Yes, but Soph you are crazy. And you're my little sister so it can't be normal to be as crazy as you are". "Really, then you haven't lived in a dorm with lemon yet", then she slapped me on the arm. "Hey, where's the Christmas spirit. It's Christmas so you don't hurt people". Then I opened Ron's present which was candy of course, then the present of the twins and Lee which was pranking stuff. I hugged Ron and thanked him for the candy, then I went to the twins and I hugged them "Thank you guys, this was just what I needed". Harry and Max both got candy from Ron, Fred and George and even Percy got me some candy. And from Hermione I got muggle books like 'The Hunger Games', 'Divergent', 'the Fault in our Stars' and 'the Perks of being a Wallflower', this must have cost her a fortune. From Cassidy I got friendship bracelets, she got the one with 'best' and I got the one with 'friends'. I bought her tickets for a muggle cinema for the Maze Runner: the Death Cure, and I had put it inside a basket full with Lemons. I think it was funny, I mean her nickname is Lemon. Wait, Why am I explaining this? That's just not fun at all, then I zoned back in (if that's possible) and saw the others getting presents. And Harry, Ron and Max each got books too, Harry got one called 'Quiditch through the Ages' and Max got some thriller books from his favourite muggle writer John Grisham. I bought for Harry, Max and Ron candy. Max bought a present for Cassidy, this is going to be fun. She opened it and inside there was a beautiful necklace with a little heart in the middle. It was really cute, she jumped up to give him a hug and screamed "THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. I LOVE IT" I went to Max and said "see, nothing to worry about. Your future wife likes it, I told you so". He glared at me, and I threw my hands up as defence "Wow, easy there Maximus. I was just joking, well everybody knows it's bound to happen". Then it was time for Fred, George and Lee to unpack their present I got them, I got matching bracelets. I know your thinking "what bracelets for guys, they don't wear bracelets", but these one are amazing and they're not feminine but they are for unisex. Lee got the one with 'Best', George got the one with 'partners', I got the one 'in' and Fred got the one with 'crime'. Then there was one other package which I got from George. The others were already gone downstairs to eat breakfast, but I picked up the present from George and began to unwrap it. Inside was a beautiful bracelet, on the bracelet were charms. There were a snitch, books, a heart and there was one with the words 'pranksters in crime'. George was waiting till I would speak, I opened my mouth and closed it. When I could talk again I said "George, this must have cost you a fortune" he smiled softly and said "you're worth it". If my butterflies were elephants then now they're whales, they just don't leave me alone. We looked at each other and then I ran at him, he caught me and I practically yelled "THANK YOU SO MUCH, I LOVE IT" I felt him chuckle and he said "so you like it then?" I looked at him like he was crazy "are you serious, I just scream at you that I love it and you asked me if I like it? Georgie, did you get brain damage from the candy?" I asked him while knocking on his head. He laughed and then he did my bracelet on and we walked to the great hall to have breakfast. "Finally, were you two snogging or what?" Fred asked us. I turned red and I don't know about George but I was embarrassed as hell. Lemon looked at me and made a kissing face while winking, then I smirked and pointed at Max while winking and making kissing faces and then she was finally silent. We were done with eating breakfast and we just hang out, thinking about new pranks, I read a bit, I talked with Cassidy, my brothers, Ron, Lee and Fred and George. That's what I did all day and then it was time for dinner, we had turkey it tasted really good. Harry, Max and me went to the library to check the forbidden section, we put the cloak on and surprisingly we fitted all three. We went to the library and when we were at the forbidden section we threw our cloak off and we searched through the books. We had a lantern with us so we could still see, then Harry opened a book and it began screeching. We were startled and we let our books just lay there, then we heard Filch's voice come through the library "I heard you, you can't hide from me I will find you." We all hided under the cloak and we took a step back from him, and we were almost out of the library and I saw him touch our lantern and then I heard him quietly say against ms. Norris "it's still warm, they can't be far". Then we walked away from the library and we came in a corridor I haven't been, we saw Snape and professor Quirrell. It looked like Snape was threatening him, then he told him "You don't want me as your enemy Quirrell". Quirrell said "W-W-What do y-y-you mean?", then he looked behind him in our way, we stepped back and he tried to caught our cloak to see if there was someone. But he didn't catch something so he looked back to the scared Quirrell and said to him "We need to have another little chat soon, till then you've got time to decide where your loyalty's lie". Then Filch came and he told them that there was someone in the forbidden section in the library and they walked away. We walked to the first door we saw and there was a mirror, we put down the cloak and I said "well, we were almost caught. That was amazing". My brothers looked at me like I was crazy and said "are you serious right now, we were almost caught by professor Snape and you found it 'amazing'?" "Well it was quite a rush don't you think?", then I saw a mirror and I walked to it. There was something written on the mirror, it said 'Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi'. What the hell is this Arabic or something, wait it's like a riddle. Oh well, it's past midnight I'm too tired. Then I looked in the mirror and I saw mom and dad "OMG, Max, Harry look. I can see mom and dad", they didn't believe me so I put them in front of the mirror and then they saw it too and gasped. "You're right, how?" "I've got no clue" I told them honestly. "Come on, I think it's time to go", "I need to show this to Ron" Harry said. So we walked back to the common room to Harry, Max, and Ron's dorm. They also slept with two other good friend of mine Neville and Seamus. Harry woke up Ron to go, I went to the dorm of the twins and Lee to ask if they wanted to go with me. They were still asleep oh, how cute. I first shook George awake, then Fred and then Lee, they groaned. And then I said "Okay, so I just sneaked out with my brothers because we were hungry and went to the kitchen. Then we came by a room with a mirror in it, and when I looked into it I saw my parents" they looked at me with pity and said "But Soph, your parents they're dead". I rolled my eyes and said "thanks mister obvious, I know that already. I'm only telling you guys what I saw." "Could you take us to the mirror, we want to see it too" George said when he shared a look with my other two best friends and they nodded. "Okay, but we need to wait because Harry and Max are first going with Ron", "Okay that's alright" they said, "Okay then I'm first going to talk to Harry and Max" "alright, see you soon" they said. I walked to the dorm of the first year boys and saw Harry and Max, I said to them "hey boys, Fred, George and Lee want to see the mirror too. So is it alright if I borrow the cloak when you three get back" "yeah sure, see you soon sis" they both said. "See you soon bro's". I walked to Cassidy's bed and shook her awake. "Lemon, come on. We need to go, I sneaked out with Harry and Max and we saw a mirror that showed me my parents." Se woke up real sleepily and then she looked at me before answering "Wait, what? How the hell can you see your parents and you sneaked out without me? that hurts." I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, I don't know. Yes, I'm sorry. Mione gave me a 'mission' and you know her. But now I'm sneaking out again and your with me, oh and Fred, George and Lee are coming too". "Oh, okay that's fine. I'm coming with you." "Yes, only my brothers and Ron have the cloak now so we need to wait till they're back. Do you want to go to the dorm of the twins". "Okay, hmm the twins you say. Why o why would you want to go there, I got seriously no idea" she said smirking. "Oh shut up, and I could say the same of you. Why o why would you want to seep in my brothers dorm" then it was my time to smirk and she playfully hit me in the arm and we went upstairs. We walked back to the dorm of the twins and Lee and then we talked till Harry, Max and Ron came back. When they came back I took the cloak and we walked with the five of us till we came at the room. They stood in front of the mirror and said "Okay, what can you guys see?" "I can see myself doing the commentary of quiditch and I'm surrounded by girls" Lee answered. Then Fred said "I can see myself having kids with Angelina" Cassidy, Lee, George and I laughed a little at that and I said "Sure Freddie, George what do you see?" he had the biggest smile ever and said "Oh that doesn't matter, it's just something stupid". I didn't ask further because I know he wouldn't say a thing. Then Cassidy went and I asked her what she saw, "I can see myself getting married with Max". "Yes, I knew it. I swear one day in the future you two are going to be married and get little kids who I can spoil and then we will be sisters". "Do you think this mirror can predict the future?" Lee asked. "I don't think so because I saw my parents, and they're dead. But I think it's time for us to go back before someone notices that we're gone" it told them, "yeah you're right, I think it's better if we go". We all went back under the cloak and we walked back to the common room, there we separated and I hugged them good night and Cassidy and I went inside my brothers and Ron's dorm. I lay the cloak in Harry's chest at the foot end of his bed and I went to the bed of Neville I think, I told them all good night and they said it back and fell asleep.