4 ~ Dweeb

I woke up late the next day for school, which meant that I had no time to talk to Alex. I rushed into the school building and sat down just as the bell rang.
"Good morning Jonathan." I heard Hercules as he sat next to me, smiling.
"Morning."
"Okay, I need to tell you something. And you have to promise me that you won't say anything about it to anyone or be mad." He said in a panicked tone, glancing around him to make sure no one was listening in.
"Okay." I said hesitantly, drawing out the last syllable.
"I think I'm in love with Lafayette..."
I squealed "Aw, Hercules!!! That is so cute!!!!"
"No it's not John!" He said, tears starting to form in the corners of his eyes "he's my best friend! You aren't supposed to feel that way about your best friend!"
"I think it's cute." I smiled. Class started immediately after that.
Throughout the whole day, I completely forgot about the fact that I left my laptop at home. Hercules and Lafayette basically just teased me all day over Alex. I had to hold it together and remember to not say anything referencing the information I had been told earlier. I did realize though how Hercules looked at Lafayette. It made my heart break and smile at the same time. I was just thinking that I might never get to look at Alex like that... if I don't ever meet him in person. I hope I'm wrong though... I really like that kid.
When I got home from school, I completely forgot about my laptop which was still on my bed. I went straight to my desk and began to work on homework. It took four hours of work to realize that my laptop was notifying me every ten seconds. I looked up from my work when I began to realize the loud noises. I got up from my desk and ran to my laptop, looking at the screen.
11 messages from Alex
4 missed calls
Oh my god. I'm the worst. I was so focused on everything else that I literally forgot about my boyfriend. I opened up the chat to see the flood of messages.
Alex: good morning handsome :)
Alex: hello?
Alex: are you still asleep lovely?
Alex: I hope you have a good day at school :)
Alex: call me when you have time
Alex: tell that nice Peggy girl I say hi
Alex: John I'm starting to worry about you
Alex: why aren't you answering me?
Alex: John please answer me, I'm worried
Alex: John.
Alex. John. Please.
John: oh my god I'm so sorry Alex!!! I forgot my laptop at home and then I was doing homework. I'm so sorry I forgot to talk to you oh my god I'm so sorry.
Alex: I'm just happy you're okay dear :)
John: you are so sweet. I don't deserve you.
Alex: not true. I was just worried about you. I really care about you ya know...
John: Lexi... I'm so so so sorry. I don't want you to think for a second that I don't care about you because I do. I've never felt this way about ANYONE before. It will never ever happen again okay?
Alex: hon it's fine. You have a life, I get it. I don't expect to be your number one priority right now. You have school, and friends and family to worry about. Don't sweat it. :)
John: I'm sorry. :(
Alex: you are such a cute frickin dweeb! It's fineeeee <3
John: I am not a dweeb!
Alex: are too!
John: am not!!!
Alex: call me. I wanna see my cute little dweeb and his cute freckles.
John: I'm not a dweeeebbbbb
I smiled, answering Alex's call as I put my hair in a bun in the back of my head.
"There's my little dweeb." He smiled, giggling at me. I tried to glare at him, but ended up smiling. He's just too cute to glare at.
"How was your day?"
"Boring without getting to see your cute face sooner." He smiled, giggling. I'm that moment, I saw this look in his eyes... I didn't have a clue what it was but it made my stomach explode with butterflies and my heart pump at a million times it's normal speed. So much so that I forgot how to speak the English language.
I ended up stuttering out something along the lines of: "Sm.. gah... uh.. err.."
He giggled "Are you having a seizure? Do you need medical attention?"
That caused my face to flush a deep shade of red as I hid my face in my hands and screamed quietly. When I took my hands away, he was still just sitting there, looking at me with that look that makes me go crazy. I put my hands back over my face, attempting to cover my blush as I muttered: "Stop being so cute. You're killing me."
"You know John, you are the most adorable loving amazing person I've ever laid eyes on..." he said, his face sinking deeper into that look.
"Alex..."
"Yes?"
"I- I don't wanna say it too soon..."
"I think we should wait to say it until we see eachother in person. That'll make it so much more special. Because the first time I kiss you will also be the first time I tell you I lo- the thing..." he wiped his eyes strangely, which made my heart skip a beat.
"Lexi are you crying?" I giggled, looking at him.
"N-no...."
"You are so precious. I have to go. Goodnight handsome..."
"Night dear..."
I hung up the call, drifting off to sleep with the thought of Alexander's beautiful smile in my mind.
A/N
I hope you liked this chapter! It took me a while to write so sorry about that. Thank you for reading ~ Joy