5 ~ Happy Birthday Handsome

I woke up an hour earlier than usual to prepare everything and do some research on how I could send Alex a present without him knowing I would. I eventually just decided on sending it to the post office in his town, hoping that, because it's such a small town, it would get to him. So I reached under my bed and pulled out the teddy bear and American flag hoodie that I spent all of my money on, and took one last glance at the letter I had written him.
Alexander,
It's your birthday today, and this won't get to you until a few days after but I just wanted to do something for you. I know you didn't want me to send you anything but I wanted to show you how much I care. So yeah! I didn't really know what to get you so I got you a teddy bear and sprayed my cologne on it and then got you a hoodie that's an American flag because you seem to love this place so much. Happy birthday handsome.
Yours, 
John Laurens
I slid it into the package and closed it tightly with tape. Hercules was waiting for me outside my house like he does almost every morning, and I walked out, smiling with a big box in my hands. I got in the car, buckling my seat belt and looking at Hercules.
"Can you bring me to the post office?"
"Sure."
When we got to the post office I sent my package, smiling to myself as I pulled out my phone to call Alex. He picked up on the second ring.
"Hello?"
"Good morning birthday boy!!! Are you having a good birthday?" I smiled, yelling into the phone. I could practically hear his smile through the phone.
"I am now that I get to hear your voice, dweeb." He giggled.
"I'm gonna skip school today to talk to my birthday boy all day long. Because I lo- dammit... you need to come to America soon so I can say it."
"What?! Babe, no! You can't skip school!"
He called me babe. I smiled. "Why not?"
"Because you need to get a good education so you can go to a good college and someday I can brag to people about how accomplished my boyfriend is."
"Fineeeee." I sighed, rolling my eyes "but I'm gonna skype you as soon as I get home."
The school day dragged on more than usual, all I could think about was Alex and how it was his 19th birthday. I just missed him so much. Even though I had never met him in the first place, I missed him. I really did. I had never held him in my arms, but it feels like I know his body, and the way it feels. The only thing I can't imagine, no matter how hard I try, is his lips. I can't even fathom how they'd feel against mine. After all, I've never kissed anyone before so I wouldn't know at all how it feels when you kiss someone. Hercules told me it was like, crazy. He explained that when you kiss someone and it feels like it's just a kiss, just skin on skin, that you can be sure that person isn't for you. But when the world lights up around you and everything seems brighter, then you know you've got something special. I don't know how he knows that though. Unless he has a secret girlfriend or something. (Wink wink) probably not, and if he did I would know about it. Lafayette and Hercules invited me to go back to Laf's place for a bit, I agreed.
When we got to his house, I looked around, smiling at all of the American flags and things around his bedroom. It reminded me of Alexander and how much he loved America, despite being from elsewhere.
"Lafayette, I think you and Alex would be friends." I said thoughtfully.
"Mon ami, you never seem to stop talking about that boy do you?"
"No." I shrugged "never ever."
"When are you gonna meet him? You've been talking since school started! It's already January!" Hercules stated loudly, slapping my back "when are you gonna get some?"
I felt my face burn from his last comment, "I don't know... when he has enough money to come here. He said he really doesn't want me to come to where he lives because he says it's depressing."
"Mon Ami. You are something you know that?" Lafayette giggled.
"I think I'm in love with him you guys...." just then, my phone rang, I pulled it out of my pocket, smiling as I looked at the screen.
Alexander💕😍: hey there cutie pie. I gotta do family stuff so I can't skype tonight :(
AmericanBoy❤️: that's alright. Have a good night!
Alexander💕😍: I'll talk to you tomorrow okay baby?
AmericanBoy❤️: okay cutie pie
I smiled, setting my phone down and looking back up at my two friends. Lafayette was peering over my left shoulder, Hercules looking over the right.
"Mon ami, you make me sick." He laughed.
"You two are too cute." Hercules laughed, punching my arm.
"Shut up." I blushed.