11 ~ America

June 11, the day before the surprise
Alex's POV
I got off of my plane, stepping out into the airport and looking around. I'm in America. IM IN AMERICA!!! For a limited time only. But I'll be back for college in august and I'll get to be with John for even longer. I'm in Charleston, South Carolina. So is John. I get to meet the love of my life tomorrow. I walked to baggage claim, pulling up the hood on my American flag hoodie that John got me for my birthday and clutching the teddy bear he got me close to my body as I grabbed my suitcase, walking toward the entrance of the building. I pulled out my phone, calling Peggy.
"Hey! You make it here safe?"
"Yep! How's John?"
"He's good," she told me "he's staying with Lafayette tonight, he's super excited for graduation. The cutest part is that he's making me videotape the graduation because you wanted to see it."
"Little does he know, I'm gonna see it in real life." I smiled, thinking about how wonderful it's going to be.
"Yep! My sister Angelica is on her way to pick you up right now, she said she's almost there."
"Just tell her it's the stupid kid wearing an American flag hoodie and holding a teddy bear."
She laughed "Gotcha. I'll see you when you get here! Bye Alexander!"
"Goodbye!"
I put my phone in my pocket, patiently waiting for Angelica to pull up. I saw a pink convertible pulling up to the airport along with all of the taxis, and a girl who looked about 20 got out, waving at me.
"Alexander! Hurry up!" I smiled, running to her car and placing my things in her car, climbing into the passenger seat beside her.
"Hello!" I smiled at her "thank you for picking me up! This is so exciting and I really appreciate the help."
"Of course! Anything for our little Johnny Boy."
I felt my stomach flutter at the mention of John's name.
Wen we got to the Schuyler mansion, I was shocked. My whole life, I lived in a tiny, broken one bedroom house. And now I was staying here. This gorgeous mansion, three stories high. Wow. I grabbed my things, walking up the fancy driveway to the door, walking in after Angelica and taking my shoes off.
"You have the attic, it's has the best view in the house," she smiled, leading me up the stairs "and it's soundproof." She turned around, winking at me. I felt my face blush as we walked up several staircases, eventually getting to the most beautiful room I've ever seen. It had light grey walls, a huge bed in the middle of the room, and a large window with a view out into their garden and pool.
"Wow." I whispered, looking around "This is gorgeous."
Angelica just nodded.
"Do you have nice clothes to wear tomorrow?"
"Yes. I brought my suit."
Angelica's phone went off and she looked at the screen, screaming.
"Shit!!" She yelled.
"What?"
"John's coming over!!! Shit shit shit!!!"
"What?! No! That's not the plan!! Angelica that isn't the plan!!!"
She threw her hand over my mouth. Whispering.
"He's here. And Peggy said he's headed this way. Here's what's gonna happen," she spoke sternly "you're gonna hide in the closet and I'm gonna put your stuff under the bed. If John comes in here, you keep your mouth shut until Peggy texts you that it's safe to come out. Got it?" I nodded slowly, stepping into the large closet and closing the door. I heard Angelica leave the room.
After a few minutes the door opened again. And I heard him. John.
"Peggy I swear I heard Alex's voice."
"Sweetheart you're imagining things. Alex lives in the Caribbean."
"I heard him Peggy!! I did!!"
"He's not here honey, let's get you back to Laf's, I think all that pain medication for your ribs is making you go crazy."
"Okay." He said sadly, walking toward the door "I just really love him. I want him so bad Peggs..." I felt tears stung my eyes as he left the room, closing the door. I revived a text from Peggy, and I stepped out of the closet, a few tears falling from my eyes. He's so sweet. Angelica came back into my room, smiling.
"He's gone," she said, noticing my tears "you okay?"
"I love him so much Angelica."
"He loves you so much Alexander. And please, call me Angie."
I blushed, nodding my head as I opened my suitcase and pulled out my laptop, seeing that I had messages from John. I laid on the (ridiculously comfortable) bed and looked at them.
Cutie💗: good morning
Did you sleep well?
I think you're super cute
And your eyes are so pretty I almost die every time I see them
I can't wait till I can finally kiss you and say the three magic words so you know that this is real
My heart belongs to you, Alexander
You are my world
Dammit Lexi! I'm trying to be cute stop ignoring me!
Lovely💕: sorry hon, I was busy. How was your day? Are you excited to graduate tomorrow?
Cutie💗: SO EXCITED I'm even having Peggy film it so I can send it to you!
Lovely💕: I'm so excited to see it! I wish I could see it in real life though. I wanna see you in real lifeeee :(
--
I laughed to myself. Little did he know, I was gonna see him in real life. I got a call from him before I knew what to do, so I answered it. Dumb, I know. I pulled my hoodie up to my face, smelling the hoodie. I did my best to leave it smelling like John. I don't even know if that's what he really smells like though. I'll know tomorrow. As his face appeared on screen, I moved closer to the camera so he couldn't see the room behind me.
"Hey..." he giggled, blushing when he saw me smelling the hoodie.
"Hey." I smiled, admiring his gorgeous face, sprinkled with freckles. God, how did I get so lucky?
"You look really cute right now." John giggled, taking a screenshot on his computer.
"Hey!"
"It's my background on my computer now. You're just so super cute!!"
"You're cuter!"
"No way!" He laughed "I bet you're even cuter in real life... too bad I won't know until September."
I struggled to fight the huge smile on my face, faking a sad look "Yeah, I really wish I could see you sooner."
"Me too," he sighed "but hey! You can watch the video of my graduation tomorrow! That'll be cool!... I guess..."
"It will!" I smiled, the excitement bubbling up in my stomach "I'm sorry I couldn't come and see it in person. I tried really hard to get plane tickets but I couldn't afford them.." lies. I was lying. And I could barely contain my excitement to see him anymore. I was going to meet the love of my life and I could barely breathe.
"Lexi, are you feeling alright? You look a little light headed..."
"I'm fine! I am tired though! Goodnight my dear. I'll talk to you tomorrow after your big day okay?"
"Okay. Goodnight."
Johns POV
I hung up the call, tears automatically spilling from my eyes. I slammed my fist into a pillow, my tears beginning to flow more and more.
"Dammit!!!" I screamed "I love you!! I love you I love you I love you Alexander!! God dammit!!"
I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to see him. After graduation, I would go straight to the airport and buy tickets to St. Croix. I NEED to see him.
A/N
The wait is almost over my pals. It's almost time and I'm honestly so excited to write the next chapter. Thanks for reading!
~Joy