7 ~ Baguette & Tricky Alex

May 6
I woke up on Monday for school, ready to tell my two best friends about my fight with Alex. I looked out my window to see that Hercules' car was already parked outside of my house. I quickly got dressed and began to walk out to his car when I heard a noise from inside. Sort of a muffled I love you in a thick French accent. Odd. I peeked in the window of the car, a scream escaping my mouth when I found the source of the noise. Lafayette was in the car. And he was on top of Hercules, they were making out. I took the door handle, pulling it open. Hercules jumped, pushing Lafayette off of him, his face bright red, a purple mark beginning to appear on his neck.
"Oh, H-hey John." Hercules laughed uncomfortably, his dark skin developing a slight red tint.
"Care to explain?" I laughed, looking at him with wide eyes.
"Mon ami," Lafayette began "Hercules and I have been dating for six months... I am very sorry that we didn't tell you."
"Six months?!" I screamed "damn" I laughed, climbing into the backseat of the car and buckling up.
"How was your night bro?" Hercules asked me as Lafayette began to drive the car toward the school.
"Ugh," I rolled my eyes "don't even get me started man. Alex is hiding something from me, we got in a fight last night."
"I'm very sorry mon ami." Laf said "maybe he's hiding a surprise from you?"
"Doubt it."
That was the end of that conversation. When we got to school I sat on the floor with Peggy, talking about Alex and what not.
"Well what about you?" I said "have your eye on anyone?"
"Well..." she blushed, looking down.
"Who?!"
"...Maria Reynolds is really cute."
"Awe!" I smiled, nudging her with my arm "that's adorable!"
Her phone went off before she could reply and she took her phone out of her pocket, squealing.
"What is it?" I asked. She shook her head, answering the call.
"Hey! Yeah, he's here. I won't. So what's the plan? Okay... Mkay. And you have a place to stay? Yep. Good. I will. Yes. Okay. Talk to you later? Bye!" She smiled, putting her phone in her pocket.
"What was that all about?"
"Nothin." She giggled.
When I got home from school, I had several messages from Alex.
Alexander💕: I'm sorry
Alexander💕: please don't be mad at me
Alexander💕: I'm sorry. I really am
Alexander💕: John, you mean the world to me. You know that? I can't imagine my life without you. For the past ten months, I've fallen for you more and more. Someday I'm gonna meet you and we're gonna get married and I'll be able to kiss you and tell you the L word and mean it. Because I already mean it. I'm sorry.
By the end of that message, my eyes were watery, I immediately texted him back.
AmericanBoy❤️: I'm so sorry Lexi. You're so sweet.
Alexander💕: you're my best friend. You're my boyfriend. You're my whole world John.
AmericanBoy❤️: I'm gonna call you
Alex answered my call the second I called him. He had his hair tied back into a bun, and he was wearing the sweater I sent him for his birthday. Before he knew I could see him, I watched him smell the sweater, it must still smell like my cologne.
"Hey John! Did you have a good day? How are you friends? How was school? Are you okay? Are you happy? Sad? If you're sad, why are you sad? Are you okay?" I laughed. He gets like this when he drinks a lot of coffee.
"You need to cut down the caffeine my dear." I giggled, looking into his eyes. God, those eyes. He is so handsome. I couldn't help but stare at them. They were just so beautiful.
"I know. But I'm super busy and I have to plan something super big and fun and you're gonna be so proud of me and I've been writing so much so I can get money because I really wanna see you because I wanna hug you and kiss you and see you in real life." He said that all in one breath.
"Wow," I laughed "baby, get some sleep okay? I have homework to do."
"No! No no no nooooo," he whined "I wanna talk to youuuu. You're prettyyyyy."
"You are five years old. Literally."
"No I'm not! I'm just hyper because I drank like six cups of coffee. Look at my hand!" He held up his hand, it was shaking."
"Lex..." I sighed "that's not healthy."
"I know, I know. But the reason I'm doing it is for you! At the rate I'm going I'll be there in..." he looked down at his computer screen, typing a few things in "two years..." he sighed, his face melting into a frown. Something about the frown seemed off though, not his usual expression of sadness. (A/N bc he's lying lol)
"I'm sorry hon.." I sighed, feeling tears sting the back of my eyes. Two years? Two more years until I could finally meet him... I guess that's better than never. But still, such a long time. I'd be 20 by the time we met. That's so long. After I graduate, I'll get a job. I'll pay for his tickets. I'll figure it out no matter what it takes. Alex hung up on me, I ended up falling asleep immediately after.
Alex's POV
I stared at the computer screen. Damn, I tricked him good. With that I texted Peggy, she was helping me plan the whole thing.
JohnsBoo: yo, he's fooled. I told him two years.
JohnsFrend: perfect. He doesn't suspect a thing. I got the perfect plan. You'll come in just before try call his name, and hide by the bleachers until I give you your cue. Then I'll start recording and you'll sit right in front of the podium where he will be able to see that it's you. Then he'll most likely run and hug you and kiss you and it'll all be sunshine and roses and you two will run like Usain Bolt because his dad will be there and you'll get in my car and we'll all go to my house and then I'll leave you two be to do whatever you please if you know what I'm sayin ;)
JohnsBoo: damn. Thanks Peggy! You really went above and beyond with this!
JohnsFren: anything for my best friend. I'm excited to meet you! You seem really cool!
JohnsBoo: I am. Lol jk. Goodnight Peggy, see you in a few weeks
JohnsFren: night :)