Chapter 4

Lapis lazily woke up, the sun from the open window blinding her eyes.  She covered her eyes from the sun, forgetting where and why she was here, in this dirty dorm.  Lapis looked down, seeing Peridot asleep and curled up on her robot.  Her clothes and part of the bed were stained with the mint colored liquid that had oozed out of her broken robot.  "Hmmm" Lapis hummed as she put her hand into Peridot's messy hair.  Lapis was feeling sluggish, and as she climbed down the ladder she tripped, landing harshly on her leg.  Letting out a small yelp, she got back up using the help of Jasper's bunk next to her.  Holding back screams of pain, she did all that she could not to wake up Peridot.  Limping to the nearest chair, Lapis examined her ankle to find out that it was getting swollen and she could not move it very well.  Finding a small pad of paper and a pen, Lapis wrote out a note to Peridot:

Peridot, I'm sorry that I had to leave so soon.  Jasper must have stayed the entire night somewhere else, but that's a good thing, because I came into your room originally to protect you from Jasper. 

Lapis tapped the pen on her chin, thinking of what she could write next.  Looking at the clock, she let out a small gasp, then quickly wrote:

And also sorry that you're going to be late.  I'm writing this at 7:25 and I think your first class starts at 7:00Forgive me but I really can't wake you up when you look so peaceful.  Love you, Lapis.

P.S. My dorm number is 438 just in case you need to know~

Lapis smiled at her note, then looked at Peridot.  It didn't look like she was going to wake up anytime soon, so maybe she would enjoy the day off.  A jolt of pain shot through her leg, reminding her that her leg was getting worse by the second.  She left the note on the table, using the bed and walls to limp to her dorm.

~~~

"Ugh... what happened?" Peridot said while waking up, looking at her stained sweater and blanket.  Glancing at the clock, Peridot jumped up out of bed, grabbed her backpack, and ran.  "8:35!  8:35!  Why didn't I go set the alarm?  I'm so stupid..." Peridot yelled to herself, face palming, unaware of the note that Lapis had written to her.  She had missed Calculus II, one of her favorite classes, and moved on to Quantum Mechanics.  During lunch, Peridot sat by herself, looking around to see if Lapis was going to come.  "She probably forgot about me." Peridot said under her breath.  Eating the soggy sandwich that she had picked up at the cafeteria.

~~~

"My stars, it HURTS!"  Lapis yelled on her bed, trying to comfort her swollen leg.  "What did I even do to it...?" Lapis wondered out loud, lying down and taking out her phone.  She remembered exploring some of Peridot's stuff after she had fallen asleep, which included receiving Peridot's phone number.

Bluewater1820: Hey Peridot.  Checking to see if you're okay.

~~~

Noticing a small text buzz in Peridot's pocket, Peridot took out her phone to find out a text from a person that she didn't even know.

Greengem36: How did you know my name?!  Who are you?!  Why are you texting me?!

Bluewater1820: OMG.  Peridot you're so cute~!

Greengem36: Don't call me cute.  Answer the questions!

Bluewater1820: Mmmmm~ what if I don't answer them?

Greengem36: ...Don't bother me weirdo.

~~~

Lapis let out a small chuckle, deciding that she would tell Peridot that she was Bluewater1820 later.  Bored,  Lapis decided to keep bothering Peridot.