Chapter 9

A/N: SUPER SHORT CHAPTER INCOMING
I felt like I needed to end it because yOull sEE

"I love you."

Peridot felt so stupid. Why didn't she see the signs earlier? But that wasn't the important question.

Did Peridot love Lapis back?

Peridot didn't want to search for the answer to that question. Just because she didn't want to did not mean that she didn't need to.

That's when it all clicked. The heart pounding when they first met, how Peridot couldn't take her mind off of Lapis for several days, why Peridot looked forward to Lapis sitting with her at lunch, why Peridot felt fireworks every time they touched, how Peridot would have slightly disturbing dreams every so often about Lapis kissing her and then slipping her hands up Peridot's shirt and then-

Actually, let's not continue that thought.

But, no matter how many reasons there were, the answer was clear. Peridot had never found interest in any guy, but blamed it on her depression and all the guys being dicks. She had considered the possibility of being aromantic, but dismissed it quickly. She didn't need any of that what's-my-sexuality crap in her life.

Oh my stars, I'm gay. I'm gay for Lapis.

It was almost a happy thought, a thought that she had finally found who she was, but that feeling soon disappeared. She had just rejected Lapis, who knows how pissed off Lapis was at her?

"Hey, Peridot?"

Peridot whipped around to her name, only to see Lapis with her head in the room. "H-How did you get in?" Lapis smiled awkwardly, and held up a room key. Peridot's room key.

"You left this. At my place."

"Oh, thanks."

Peridot turned back around, when Lapis started speaking again. "And, um, I have your antidepressants."

Peridot's eyes widened, as she turned her entire body to face Lapis. Taking them out of her hands, the contact their hands felt like electricity.

"H-How did you get them? Jasper had them-"

Lapis's face broke out into a mischievous and wide grin as she placed one of her hands onto her hip. "Simple. I just beat her up."

Peridot nodded her head in respect, sitting down on the floor. Lapis followed suit.

"You want to know how I did it?"

"Absolutely. T-Tell me everything."

They were both laughing by the end of the story, an imagined Jasper wriggling underneath the strength of Lapis's foot.

Peridot let out a very cute giggle (in Lapis's personal opinion) and said "I didn't know you had it in you".

Lapis responded with a smile and "me neither".

Lapis had left out all the 'I only let you win because I want you back' and the 'I'll never get back with you' parts. She didn't really want to face her past.

Peridot was happy. Naturally happy for the first time in her life. She wanted more moments with Lapis like this, and remembered what she had wanted to talk about.

"L-Lapis?" Peridot said shyly.

"What's up?" Lapis said, still grinning like an idiot.

"I wanted to talk about earlier- the whole- yknow- I love you thing and-"

Lapis sighed, still smiling. "It's fine Peri, I'm fine. We can still be friends-"

"That's not what I was going to say!" Peridot semi-shouted, surprising both herself and Lapis. It made her remember that one time she was crying in the deserted hallway and Lapis had tried to help. But, all Peridot did was yell-

No, she didn't need any negative thoughts affecting her moment. This was her time to shine- she was the one in the spotlight.

"I... I wanted to tell you that... that I actually... I... um..."

Lapis placed a reassuring hand on Peridot's shoulder. "You can tell me anything, I won't be hurt. I promise."

"I just- I love you too, okay?"