one

Fumbling the wooden pencil between her fingers, Emberly waited nervously outside of Axel Industries. It was only moments ago she got the call that she had been selected for the interview to be Mr. Axels personal assistant. With being fresh out of college, Emberly seen this as a huge opportunity to jump start her career. At age twenty-two, she had only just learned what it meant to actually be free. From finally moving out of her parents home to a simple apartment in Manhattan, Emberly couldn't be more excited for the journey that awaited her. Taking a deep breath, she acquired the courage to push open the tall glass door. Her eyes transfixed on the scenery before her. Red took over the walls and various beautiful paintings covered them, one in particular standing out to Emberly. It was an image of a woman standing in the woods, a colorful burst surrounding her. It was such a beautiful place, she couldn't actually believe she had the chance to work there.

She smiled to herself, walking up to the woman she guessed was the receptionist

She smiled to herself, walking up to the woman she guessed was the receptionist. Emberly cleared her throat, hoping to not stumble with her words.

"I'm Emberly Novell, I was called for an interview with Mr. Axel?" The lady smiled brightly at her, making Emberly feel more at ease.

"Okay great! The last assistant he had was garbage. Wanted to bang him all of the time." She laughed, causing Emberly to awkwardly laugh back, wondering why she was giving details so quickly.

"Well I can assure you, I'm not here for that." Emberly smiled, taking the sheet of paper in the woman's outstretched hands.

"I can already tell you will do great! Just give this to the receptionist on his floor and she will guide you from there." Giving the woman a nod and a bright smile, Emberly made her way over to the elevator, taking another deep breath. She hoped his one wouldn't get stuck. Moments later, the ding of the elevator brought Emberly from her trance, and as she looked before her, reality set in. She confidently walked up to the desk, placing the paper infront of her.

"Hi! I'm Emberly Novell and i'm here for the interview with Mr. Axel." The elderly woman smiled at her. Emberly couldn't believe how incredibly nice the people here were. She enjoyed it thoroughly.

"Just take a seat right there and Mr. Axel will be with you in a few moments." Emberly gave a small thank you and took a seat in the black leather chairs. She bounced her leg nervously, silently cursing herself for not bringing a sweater. She pulled out her phone and found her way to the internet browser, typing in the company's name. She had heard of them before and knew they were a publishing company but that was it. She clicked on images and was stunned when she came across a picture of a young man, appearing to be in his early twenties, smirking at the camera. She tapped on the picture and read the caption under it "Noah Axel, Next In line for Axel Industries".

Emberly wondered if this was the man who would soon become her boss and if so, she could clearly understand why the last personal assistant wanted to bang him. She mentally slapped herself when an image appeared in her mind, wishing it to totally go away before she actually had to meet the guy. A voice broke her from her trance. Emberly snapped her head up at the woman who stood before her, a friendly smile on her face. Emberly couldn't help but notice this woman was beautiful, long brunette hair and devious brown eyes.

"Mr. Axel is ready for you. Follow me." She gave a curt nod and stood up, careful not to trip over her own feet. At times, Emberly was very clumsy and she hated it. She could trip over air with no problem. She could feel her heart speeding up as they approached the door, Emberly developing a newfound nervousness. As the door swung open Emberlys eyes darted to the huge wooden desk before her, she chose her words carefully.

"Hi--" She was cut off by someone clearing their throat.

"Emberly Novell, I know. So lets get down to business shall we?" Emberly was a bit taken back by his rudeness, expecting him to be as nice as his employees.

"Y-Yeah." She studdered, sitting quietly in the chair directly across from no other than Noah Axel himself. She grabbed her pencil again and began twirling it between her fingers.

"Is that supposed to be a baton or something?" He laughed, sparking Emberlys interest.

"No, its just a nervous habit of mine." She admitted, feeling her cheeks heat up.

"A cute one at that. So whats you're interest in Axel Industries?" Emberly furrowed her brows at him, wondering how he could be so forward so quickly. He was attractive, there was do doubt about that but Emberly wasn't looking to have a flirting relationship with her boss.

"I myself when I was younger would write novels and have high hopes of publishing them and I want to be able to help other authors like myself have their dreams come true."

"You do understand this is a personal assistant job correct? That means you get coffee when I ask, review some files, accompany me at my meetings and occasionally fix me food. You will have a few manuscripts to read over, but not many." Emberly nodded, she knew how to deal with most things, though she wasn't sure if she could deal with sexy buttholes like Mr. Axel.

"Yes sir. Its crystal clear. Why would I have to fix you food though?" She questioned aloud. Emberly was a killer cook and was a bit excited to show off her skills to someone other than her parents.

"Well you see I have this thing called hunger and food seems to cure it." He laughed, throwing Emberly a smirk. She rolled her eyes unintentionally, hoping Mr. Axel didn't see.

"Sassy are we?" Emberly laughed and placed her notebook on the desk.

"A bit. So do you have anymore questions?" Emberly could feel the nervousness slip away as something alien took its place.

"Yes actually I do. When can you start?" Emberly could feel her stomach do a flip, as she smiled brightly at him.

"Anytime you need me to sir!" Mr. Axel gave a smile in return, his previous facade seeming to fade away.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, 8am bright and early!" Emberly internally groaned at the thought of getting up that early, but if it was for her future, she could look past not sleeping in.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Soo new story! What do you guys think? Feedback would be amazing! Comment/Vote/Fan!