four

Here you go lovelies! I hope you enjoy!

xxxx

Emberly let out a huge breath of air, leaning against her dark wooden door. How could one man intimidate her that much? Drawing small deep breaths, she closed her eyes and threw her bag onto the floor. She groaned loudly and moved from her position, a warm bubble bath calling her name.

Just as she had walked a few steps away from the door, her phone began ringing. She furrowed her eyebrows, hoping to God it wasn't him again. She was about ready to claw her eyes out every time she seen his name.

She sighed in relief when it was only her mom. She held the phone up to her ear and smiled. Her mom always knew how to calm her down in her most stressful situations.

"How was your first day, honey?" Emberly smiled. She missed her mother terribly, even if it had only been a few weeks since she left the nest.

"It went great, I didn't do much but follow his secretary around, eat delicious food and not to mention I got to read someone's manuscript!" She said excitedly, padding her way to the bathroom. She had to put that in ground tub to use.

"That's great! I'm glad you're liking it so far

"That's great! I'm glad you're liking it so far. Is he hot?" Emberly rolled her eyes at her mother, already feeling her cheeks heat up.

"Yeah, a bit." She says and begins filling the tub up with water. It was so relaxing and bubbles made it all the better.

"I thought so," She heard her mother sigh, "I miss you sweetie."

"I miss you too, mom. Hopefully I can come visit soon." Emberly could hear the smile in her mothers voice.

"Oh, I would love that! You better bring Mr. Axel with you too!" It was Emberlys turn to sigh, of course she couldn't bring him. That would be against every rule in that book.

"I can't do that, it's against every rule!"

"Who said you had to follow those rules?" Emberly laughed again at her mom. She could be such a rebel at times.

"Even if I could bring him, it's not like he would want to come anyways." Her mother scoffed.

"Oh please honey, if he passes up the chance to have a day away with you he's insane. Any guy would be lucky to have a gorgeous girl like you."

"Yeah. I'm about to take a nice warm bubble bath and relax. I love you and talk to you soon."

Emberly ended the call, stripping of her clothes and climbing into the warm awaiting tub. She placed her phone on the towel beside her, careful not to get it wet. She sighed loudly and closed her eyes. As soon as she did, Noah's image was the first thing she seen. She felt the chill bumps form on her arms. She couldn't understand why he had this effect on her and she doubted she ever would.

**
Noah let out a huge breath as the hot water hit his face.  Her first day went very well. He was actually surprised she didn't try to jump his bones like every other woman who had worked for him. But from the moment he saw her, he knew she was unlike the rest. He wanted more of  her. Her innocence is what topped the cake.

He dried his face with a towel, having one more glance at himself in the mirror before making his way to the kitchen to pour himself a glass of rum and coke. He didn't drink often, but when he did, rum and coke was his go to.

His thoughts wandered over towards Emberly again as he sat on the sofa, browsing channels. Television seemed to be his only escape from the rushing world around him and he enjoyed it quite thoroughly. He found a movie to watch and could feel himself drifting off. Before he got too sleepy, he drug himself to his bedroom, collapsing on his bed and the last thought in his mind were those beautiful blue eyes of hers.

The next morning, Noah woke up with an unusual smile on his face. His gut was rumbling with a good feeling and he just couldn't wait for what was in store for him today. Normally he was grumpy in the mornings and didn't speak a word, so you can only imagine the surprise on his cooks face when he greeted her with a smile.

"Good morning Mr. Axel. I've made you some eggs and bacon."

"Thank you." He said simply, digging into the deliciousness before him. Mandy was in her late forties and had been with Noah since he was just a little boy. She had years to learn all of his favorite foods and had mastered all of them. When he had finished his plate, he nicely moved them to the sink.

"You have a good day." He said, a good feeling bubbling up inside of him when Mandy smiled back. She had been waiting years to see him smile like that and she could only be grateful for the person who put it there. Noah Axel wasn't the one to smile, so to Mandy this was a nice change. She had always hoped for Noah to find a good woman to settle down with. A smile like that could only be caused by a woman.

Noah made his way out to his car, he always loved to drive himself places and didn't see any reason to hire a driver when he was capable of driving himself. To him, it was total bullshit. He looked at himself in the mirror before driving off. He knew he had a long day ahead of him, and couldn't wait to see her beautiful red locks and bright blue eyes.

*****

I know there isn't much action between them two in this chapter and it is much more of a filler than an actual chapter, but I promise, next chapter will be much more interesting and delicious :P You get to see more into their thoughts in this chapter and thats what I love about it. As always, comment, vote, and fan! I love you guys so much and thank you all for taking the time and to actually read my book! It truly means a lot!

-Katie