six

Drenched in sweat, Noah woke in a panicked state. He drew deep breaths, recollecting the dream he just had.  It wasn't often he had them while he slept, but when he did, they were intense. In this particular one, it felt like he had actually been there with her. Chill bumps formed all over his body as he thought of her. He wondered who she was and why he was having visions of her memories.

Throwing the blanket aside, Noah made his way to the shower, needing some sort of awakening. He let the cool water run down his body, and closed his eyes. He stood there for moments, letting the water fall over him, thinking about the mystery girl. His soul yearned to know who she was, and soon, he would figure it out.

He wrapped himself in a towel, padding back out to his bedroom. Taking a few deep breaths as he walked, Noah was still trying to calm his racing heart. As he got dressed in his normal attire, he filled his head with the days work, already ready to get it over with.

Briefly looking at himself in the mirror, he rushed out of his bedroom, knowing he was going to be late.

"Mr. Axel do you want breakfast this morning?" Noah threw a smile in Mandy's direction.

"No thanks, I'm going to be late!" Mandy laughed as Noah rushed out of the door and ran into his Range Rover. Going 90 to nothing down the highway, Noah's mind wandered off to the red-head he called his assistant. She really was a great one. He had to wonder, was she good with assisting at other things too? He shook his head at himself wondering such dirty thoughts, but he couldn't help it, she was like a beautiful star in the night sky.

"I can't believe it's you that's late this time!" He heard that laugh that he had come to love. 

"Well I had a weird dream and it made me oversleep. It's not often that it happens."

"Well what kind of dream was it?" Noah half smiled, she wouldn't understand.

"Oh you know just the usual weird dream where crazy stuff happens." Emberly nodded, getting the gist he didn't really want to explain it.

"Gotcha! So I was thinking about that meeting yesterday and decided to google French Industries. Did you know they have a lawsuit against them?" Emberly watched as Noah's face quickly turned into confusion.

"No? What's it about?" She pulled up the article on her phone, showing him.

"Something about business fraud."

"Oh shit! I should discuss with them about this before we go any further. I have a good reputation to uphold, at least here anyways." He winked at her, making her face heat up and her insides squirm. She stumbled upon her next words.

"Y-yeah, okay. Your coffee is in the microwave, all ready and hot for you to drink."

"Well I wish there was something else ready and hot for me."

'Oh God here we go.' Emberly thought. Did that statement have a double meaning behind it? She was never good at detecting those.

"Food. It would be nice to have it hot and waiting for me to devour it." He smirked at her. She could feel her face heating up even more. Why not make the red-head more red?

"O-oh of course! I will get right on that. What do you want Mr. Axel?"

"I'm thinking of something red." Emberly thought she was going to die and knew for sure that he was one hundred percent doing this on purpose.

"You know like a red meat. Like steak? Oh that would be great. Get you one too if you like, or if you would prefer a salad, that's cool too."

"Do I look like just a salad kind of girl?" Noah scratched his head.

"Kind of." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Well you're wrong. I think I'll get a steak also. I too want something hot and ready waiting for me." She watched the expression on Noah's face change from a small smile to a nervous one and watched his cheeks become tinted.

"Well you better get on it girl because my stomach isn't going to wait forever." Just then, a small knock came at the door.

"Mr. Axel?"

"Come in."

"You've got a call waiting for you on line one, I think it's pretty important." Noah smiled at Rebekah.

"Ok thanks." Noah picked up his office phone and sighed when he heard the voice on the other end.

"Hi honey!" He couldn't help but smile at her voice. It was always so calming to him.

"Hey mom. How are you doing?"

"I'm good besides wondering when my only son is going to come visit me. I'm planning a dinner for the family Saturday. You are always welcome to come." Noah chuckled, it had been a minute since he's seen his mom.

"Okay I will be there."

"Good and don't forget to bring a date!" Date? How in the world would he find someone on such short notice? Then it clicked, if he wanted to get closer to Emberly on more than just a professional level, this was one way to do it. He looked up at the beautiful goddess and smiled.

"I'll try. Love you mom."

"You better! Love you!" He hung up, slamming his phone a bit too harshly back on the line. Emberly jumped from her seat, not realizing she had been so engrossed in her phone.

"So I ordered us both a steak and salad from Longhorn, hope you like it." Noah smiled.

"Any meal sounds great right now." He smirked at her again. He was full of dirty remarks today and Emberly didn't seem to mind it one bit.

**
So what did you guys think? The updates are coming sooner now yay! And things are beginning to heat up for Emb and Noah! What do you guys want to happen? Are you curious about the visions and why he has them? Let me know in the comments if you guys have any questions! I love you all and as always, don't forget to comment/vote/follow!