eight

Hey everyone! Thank you for the support this far! I love you all and hope you enjoy! -Katie

**
"Please, don't do this. Not here." But how could she help it when he was making her feel this way? Things just haven't been the same for the past few months. She could tell he was distant.

"Do you really expect me to believe you? I seen you. I knew you weren't going to just 'be at home' on a Saturday night." She cried angrily, who cares that they were in Starbucks trying to get coffee. She was pissed. This was the last straw for her. He tried to pull her tightly in his arms but she refused. She gave him one final look before making her way outside into the cool October air.

***
Noah briefly looked up at his phone noticing he was about to run into a pole. Curse these news outlets. They didn't know what they were talking about anyways. He watched as a figure headed his way. He had dark brown hair, something about that seemed oddly familiar, but he just couldn't place it. The two strangers passed and it suddenly clicked, that was the guy from his visions! Noah quickly turned around, hoping to see another glance of the not so mystery man and faltered when he realized he was gone. Well that was one clue to his mystery. Obviously the girl lives around here or he wouldn't be around here either. 

Just then Noah's chest collided with another.  He really had to stop looking at his phone while walking.

"I'm so sorry!" He looked up, noticing that it was none other than Emberly, and chuckled when he seen her still stumbling.

"I totally meant to run into you." Noah laughed, steadying her. Heat rushed like wildfire throughout his body and he couldn't help but let out a sigh. Why did she have this effect on him?

"Yeah, sure. I will believe that the day when pigs fly." Emberly giggled at that, adjusting her black, lacy dress.

"I was just on my way to get our coffee, care to join?" Noah's eyes adverted to her neck, seeing the necklace he gave her just a few days ago dangling around it. It suited her perfectly or atleast in his eyes it did.

"Don't mind if I do." He smiled at her, watching as she slid her phone into her pockets. Just then it let out a loud ring and he watched as she let out a huge sigh. She declined the call and shoved her phone right back into her pocket.

"Someone seems annoyed." Noah wasn't sure if that was the right thing to say or not, but he said it anyways.

"Yeah, it's just my ex. He somehow got my new number and won't leave me alone." Noah laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. Just you're kind of cute when you're mad."

"I'm not mad just annoyed, but thank you." Emberly could feel her cheeks become flushed and her belly flip. She didn't know what Noah Axel had in mind but she was curious.

"So what are the plans for today?"

"Just the usual, besides the fact that you have a meeting with that new Author."

"You mean the one I suggested to you? Great!" Emberly was excited. She's never had the chance before so it would be something new.

"Yeah. I'm sure you will do great things and get the point across. You seem to have a knack for that." Emberly laughed, furiously doubting his words.

"Whatever you say." She smiled, following Noah into the doors to her office.

"Now if you will excuse me, I have some work to get done and you have an author to examine."

Emberly smiled in his direction, turning on her computer. Notifications began filling the top right corner of her laptop and she internally groaned. Just the usual my butt. One email in particular caught her eye.

-Care to meet for dinner after work?-

She smiled at the email, instantly replying.

-I would love too. Just let me know where and I'll meet you.-

She smiled. Her insides jumbled at the thought of having an actual dinner with him. This was never in her plans but she didn't mind a little bit of change.