Longtail

Can be taken romantically or as purely platonic

You were shocked into silence as Longtail, your closet friend, had come into camp screaming. His eyes were swollen shut and Cinderpelt pushing through the mass of felines to help him. As your mind cleared  and rushed over as well before being forced to wait outside the medicine cat den. Eventually, you we able to go in and see him, however with his condition you could hardly stay in there any longer, he looked to weak. Too unlike the strong, cocky fellow you got to know as your closet ally. You went to bed that night, worried and scared for the future.

The next few days, you brought in food before quickly leaving to go on with your duties and as his eyesight worsened you stayed for longer. One day, you sat upon a hill, just outside of camp, over looking Thunderclan Territory. A soft pitter patter of footsteps told you another cat was near, however the cat seem anxious as if it he or she was unsure of where they were going. 

"Longtail? Is that you?" You sighed softly, voice filled with concern as he was out of camp

He sat down awkwardly besides you before speaking up, "Yes, and Im sorry that I am no longer of use to the clan anymore" 

You swirled around, shock evident on your face. If only he could see it.

"Thats not true," You raised your voice a little, "Of course your still useful to the clan."

Long tail chuckles sadly, 

"Really? You've avoided me for so long and now that Im blind, I won't be able to hunt or patrol"

"I avoided because I was.. well scared for you honestly, I didn't know how to cope with this " You say running out breath and eyes flickering around nervously, "I know now that was a terrible way to act, you needed me and I couldn't even be strong for you"

Longtail was shocked into silence before smiling softly "I wish I could see you, you were always one of the pretty she cats"

His statement makes you giggle, in spite of the situation

"I knew you only liked me for my looks you big oaf," 

"I love you, even if you step on every thorn in the den"

"Says the one who got beaten by a kitty pet" you smile gingerly before curling up next to him.

As the sunset settled, you two smiled happily and watched the silver pelt spill out across the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gUESS WHO HAS RETURNED, THATS RIGHT ITS ME.

Anyways I'm back with actually some good writing I believe :3333

Haven't been on in like a year, doesn't that suck? Sorry about that guys, haven some Longtail for yourself :333 

Im also very proud of how far this has come, Im always in shocked when I look at the amount of readers. Thank you a lot guys! ^.^