Chapter Two / Expectations

Entry 2;

I met Laughing Jill and Jane yesterday, and since then, they've taken care of me. I'm still a little woozy from the smacking into a light post, but other then that, I'm doing well. Jill and Jane were a little suspicious when I told them I'm not from this timeline, but they pretty quickly agreed I was as sane as they [or, at least Jane] are.

I've decided I'll do one entry for every day there's at least enough to write about, but so far, nothing's happening. Much.

Jill has said that her best friend, Jack, will be coming home today, but I'm a little weary of meeting him. I've witnessed Jill freaking out, and if Jane was right in saying Jack was as bad as she is, then I'm not exactly in a good state of mind to experience a Jack freak out.

I haven't heard anything from Jeff or Liu since Jeff tried to kill me-which I'm still not sure why he backed off and escaped and left me alive-or since Liu escaped from the hospital. They haven't recovered anything from the fire yet, either. But so far, I'm doing well. I finally used my voice for the first time since I jumped, and it's not cracking nowhere near as much as usual, and I'm not stuttering like I was last night.

I'm not sure how to jump back, but so far, I'm not finding anything that can explain why either timeline has the same Jeff or Liu, and probably Jill, Jack, and Jane-or, if there are any others out there like these five, the same them.

I don't know.

It's probably just my imagination and I'm in a long, long dream, but I'm not sure.

Till next time.

Sincerely,

You

I eyed the diary entry carefully, as though the words would jump out at me, while I finished signing it closed. Jill and Jane both were in the room, since I was downstairs, and were talking about something I wasn't exactly paying attention too while I wrote.

"Hey, you okay?" Jill asked suddenly, and I looked up, nodding. "Uh-Y-Yeah, sorry." I mumbled, turning my gaze back to my diary before closing and locking it tightly. "Say, why do you have that, anyway?" She asked curiously.

"It's... It's... err... just a journal." I lied. I was keeping it so that I knew what happened here if I ever made it back, but it wasn't exactly just a journal-but maybe a key to how to deal with Jeff and Liu when I made it back to my timeline. ...if I did.

"Oh. Okay!" Jill said, and then there came a gentle three-hit knock from the door. Jane stood while Jill leapt to her feet and danced towards the door. "Sounds like Jack's home." Jane mumbled, sitting down beside me. "Jackie!~" Jill called, and I saw a monochrome clown step into the room.

Dressed in all black and white and different shades of gray, Jack wore a black short sleeved t-shirt under plain white bandages wrapped around his stomach, and a black and white striped long sleeved t-shirt under it. His fingers were replaced by pitch black claws, and he wore a pair of striped gray pants that were rolled up to stop just below the knees, and were held up by a pair of black suspenders. He wore a pair of black and white striped socks under a pair of black dress shoes, and black and white feathers around his shoulders. His face was pure white and heart-shaped (much like Jill's), and his hair was pitch black, hanging loosely around his ears. His nose was a long cone and colored with black and white rings, while his eyes were a haunting white color and his lips seemingly painted black and hiding rows of razor sharp teeth.

I raised an eyebrow at the clown's appearance, mentally noting that so far, Jane, Jeff, Jill, and Jack (and now I realized all four had a J in their name) were all monochrome colored.