Chapter Eight / Home

"I want to go home..."

For days, weeks, and even months, I never expected it to work. Ever. I thought I'd be stuck there, that I'd have jumped to a completely different timeline.

But it worked.

I was home.

I pried my eyes open to find myself waiting in front of my TV in my old Colonial. Risking a look around, I ran a hand through my hair and breathed out a sigh of relief. "I'm home!" I whispered, leaning against the back of the couch.

I turned the TV on, eyeing the picture for a moment before I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I lifted it from my pocket, immediately noting the time was 12:03. A friend of mine had called--Olivia--and had two or three times.

I hit answer and put the phone to my ear. "Say, bestie. What're you doing in your house?" She asked sarcastically, and I let off a laugh. "Enjoying the quiet." I replied, just as sarcastically.

She snorted. "Alright, just say it. You're glad I moved out." She said, though it seemed to be with a grin. "Nope." I replied sassily, putting a grin on my face as I quickly stood and shuffled upstairs, noticing I had been dressed in the same pajamas from when I jumped. And Toby's jacket.

"AAAnyway, gotta go. Dad's calling." Liv said, and I nodded. "Alright. Call me tomorrow, chica. See you!" I said and she hung up.

Well, at least Olivia was still here.

I sat my phone on my dresser, letting off a sigh as I realized I was most likely alone. I quickly pulled a pair of black ripped jeans and a tank top on, re-situating Toby's jacket over my shoulders before I zipped it up.

I figured I'd pay a visit to the meadow.

I had just pulled my combat boots on when my phone buzzed again. I stood and stepped over before I opened my texts.

T.E; Is this Synnova?

I sucked in a breath, my eyes going wide as tears threatened to fall.

You; ...Toby?

T.E; It worked! Synnova, it worked!

I let off an excited, exasperated breath before I stuffed my phone into my pocket, rushing downstairs and snatching the house keys. I threw open the front door before closing it behind me, taking off as fast as I could in the direction of the woods.

When I broke through the treeline, branches whipped at my face and knees, but I paid it no attention. I kept running, almost as if I knew exactly where to go. And I did.

When I pushed through the foliage, I ran into the meadow to see a figure. I never once stopped but instead continued running, an excited cry of "Toby!" escaping my lips. Immediately, I thew myself at him in a hug and felt the tears begin to overflow.

"It worked, you w-were right!" Toby whispered, voice shaking nearly as bad as I was.

Not even a second later and footsteps and Sally's unmistakable voice hit my ears. "Big sis Nova!" She squealed, and I pulled away from Toby before scooping the girl up and hugging her tightly as she ran towards me.

I sat her on my hip and looked up to see Jeff, EJ, and Liu stepping through the foliage, large smiles on their faces (even Jeff's).

"What happened?" I asked, and Toby shrugged. I never hit me, but instead, Sally began to explain. "After you left, big sis Nova, we lived our lives again. Me and Liu stayed normal, but Toby, Jeff, and E-Jay still became Toby, Jeff, and E-Jay!" She said, and I couldn't help but smile brightly and barely hold in an 'awe' at the way she said EJ. She was way, way too cute.

Toby then smiled under his mouthguard--the same one I'd bought him. "Yeah. And the b-best part?" He said slowly, trailing off as he raised an eyebrow.

"SYNNOVA!" A voice called, and I immediately froze, face draining of color and emotion as I turned to face Toby, who grinned. He nodded and took Sally from me as I slowly turned.

And there, just climbing through the foliage, was a pale skinned, green eyed, and blonde haired girl. She was much taller then me, and currently wore a simple white v-neck under an emerald green cardigan with her sleeves rolled up to her elbows, and a pair of light blue skinny jeans. She wore a pair of brown boots with fur around the top and small pom-poms hanging off the side.

And behind her? A blonde haired, blue eyed, and tan skinned boy, slightly taller then herself. He was wearing a simple white t-shirt, blue jeans, combat boots, and navy blue and white flannel.

My lips parted as I took a very small step forwards, my knees slightly wobbly. I took off running, though, and eventually threw myself at the blonde girl before hugging her tightly as she laughed, hugging me back.

"I knew you'd come around!" Lyra Rogers chuckled, while I choked on a sob and squeaked out, "Y-You're alive!"

"Of course we are. Why wouldn't we be?" Mark asked sarcastically. I let off a strangled laugh before pulling away from Lyra and hugging Mark. "You're still tiny." Lyra pointed out, and I nodded slowly, smiling and tears running from my eyes.

"We explained what h-happened before you g-got back." Toby explained, starting over with Sally on his hip now. I nodded, smiling brightly. He raised an eyebrow. "...What?"

I laughed and pulled him into another hug. "Eight years. Eight years and I finally see Lyra and Mark again." I mumbled, and he laughed this time before resting his chin on the top of my head, Sally wrapping her arms around my neck. Eventually, Lyra joined the hug and pulled Mark over by the shirt collar, and soon EJ, Jeff, and Liu exchanged a look before shrugging and joining in.

I was finally home.

And with my best friends.

Entry 8;

I never thought I'd make it home. Ever. But here I am, finally here. And even better, with those I lost eight years ago, and my new friends. Maybe going back in time wasn't the worst thing ever, but instead one of the better things.

Since I got back, Sally, Lyra, and I have been close gal-pals--like before. EJ's almost like an older brother to me--and a younger brother to Mark, at that. Jeff, Liu, and Toby have been my best friends for a while now, too.

Jeff and Liu may have had an intention to kill me at first, but now?

I don't think I would want to go back to a time where I didn't know them.

Sincerely,

Synnova Young

~ Three Days Later ~

"NOVA!"

"Oh boy..."

Footsteps hit my ears as Lyra appeared at the top of the steps. We were paying a visit to the mansion--even if Toby, Lyra, Liu, and Sally had basically moved in with me at home.

"What now?" I asked, grinning as I saw Lyra grin.

"Water-gun fight. Outside. Five minutes. Be there." She said, and disappeared.

At least I was back to normal.

-----The End-----

A/N: Here's the final chapter, gaiz! Thank you so much for reading this story, again, and let me know how you liked it!
I want to say thank you to LaciePlays for giving me a shout-out on her story, I'm Fine, which is a KiingTong fanfiction. Go check her out! She's the reason I'm on Wattpad, and for that, I give her thanks.
If you guys want to see more, let me know, and I'll be sure to (try) and work with what I can.
As for any other stories, I have a few one-shots for BEN Drowned, EJ, and Toby out--A Clever Mystery, Eyeless Christmas, and Ticci-Tale--that you can read, so enjoy!

~Novi