Chapter Four / Cancer

So this is the last chapter I'll be posting until maybe tomorrow(with it being almost 11 o'clock at night here), so I hope to see you then!
Also! Let me know how you like the chapter names being a song name and I may continue with it in other books and stories!
Enjoy and please let me know what you think!
~Nova

Entry 3;

I keep seeing him.

I keep having nightmares.

I can't do this anymore. Why was I sent here? Why can't I get home? Will I ever get home?

I've been here for almost four months now. I just can't... can't get OUT OF HERE.

I'm stuck here.

For good, it seems.

Jane keeps telling me to stop giving up, that I'll get out of here. I seriously doubt this. We've moved several times, trying to find some way to get me home. But there's been nothing. Nothing so far.

I keep having nightmares every night, and each time it's the same thing. A fire, the flames licking the sky threateningly. And each time, I see these silhouettes. Far in the distance. Always there, watching me whenever I wake up to the cracking of the fire.

The first few times this has happened, it scared the other three. To the point they had to wake me up. Since then, us four have taken turns sleeping. Two of us slept at a time, the other two staying awake. But this doesn't even seem to help. I still have the nightmares, and I still wake up in tears or a cold sweat.

Occasionally, when I'll wake up, I'll take my pencil and draw an odd symbol onto my wrist. It's always the same symbol. Always this; ⊗ It's odd. Always the same symbol, always directly after waking up.

I guess I really am going insane.

Sincerely,

You

"...you okay?"

I nodded feebly in response to Jack, slowly finishing the diary entry by underlining what I wanted to be that way. I dropped the pencil to the ground, eyelids heavy with sleep. I closed the leather-covered book, clicking the lock into place before fishing the key from my pocket and sitting it into the lock, twisting it until it locked, and sitting the key back. I'd carved 'Synnova' onto the front with a small pocket knife, and my writing had been getting sloppier over time, me occasionally making one letter slightly thicker then the others.

I'd been getting depressed over the last few days, due to my inability to sleep and my constant paranoia. And the nightmares never helped.

Jack, Jill, and Jane had tried cheering me up, but nothing was helping. I've been much quieter then ever, refusing to use my voice even now they've all three heard it. And they've all three been keeping a close watch on me, seemingly afraid that with my constant depressing mood, I'd try something stupid.

Right now, I was propped up against a wall of an abandoned motel room Jack and I were sharing. There was a large hole that connected to Jane and Jill's room, but both of them were out at the moment, leaving Jack alone with me. They were afraid to leave me on my own, as stated earlier.

I saw a flash of something ahead of me, immediately recognizing it as fire. But it was gone in a split second. At the flashing image, I curled into a ball, burying my face in my knees, my breathing quiet and shallow. I was very homesick, to say the least, and was terrified of being unable to go back home. Of being stuck in a world I didn't know a thing about, even after four months.