Chapter Six / Nobody's Hero

Entry 6;

A couple days have passed since Toby and I were almost run over. Now, to clear up what happened afterwards, Toby and Jeff walked me home after they received a message from their boss, telling them they could meet up with Jack, Jill, and Jane. Well, that didn't turn out too well. Jeff and Jane took an immediate disliking to each other, and I found out that Jeff had tried to kill Jane the day he went insane—the scream I heard that night. But at least they haven't tried killing each other. ...yet.

I've also noticed two figures staying rather close to me—who I guess is Toby's co-workers, Masky and Hoodie or Tim and Brian. But occasionally, I'll see a royal blue mask near them—and I still have no idea who it is.

I've ran into Jack Nichols, a boy who worked at the corner store, a couple of times, as well. So far, he seems like a nice guy. He's rather quiet, but he can also be energetic when he feels like it. He's kind and helpful—really helpful. He has told me a couple of times he went to medical school, and to call him if a friend of mine or I needed any help like that, and so got his number. Mainly, I'll text him when Jack, Jill, or Jane are out and Toby, Jeff, Masky, and Hoodie aren't nearby or able to talk, just to pass time; and we've sort of grown closer, not exactly, but...

Though, Toby sent me an urgent text yesterday [in other words, three hours ago] and I haven't heard anything from him yet. He told me to meet him at the park, which is where I am at the time of writing this, but I'm a little weary.

It's a little chilly out, so I brought his jacket, but other then that, I've seen nothing of his to tell me where he is. So I just hope he gets here.

And soon.

Sincerely,

You

I quickly locked my diary after signing off, sitting it in the bag I had beside me, pulling Toby's—or mine since he gave it to me—jacket tighter around my shoulders, pulling my knees to my chest and hugging them slightly, resting my chin in between the kneecaps. I tapped my knees patiently, listening for footsteps or the familiar ticking noise Toby made whenever he twitched, as well as looking out for his figure.

But I saw nothing yet. No sign of Toby or anybody else, for that matter. And then, finally, I heard a set of footsteps. I lifted my head from my knees, looking around.

Instead of seeing Toby, though, I saw a familiar face that looked rather pissed off. My eyes widened slightly, as I straightened, watching as they grew nearer.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" An old enemy of mine (Greg Wells) yelled at me, and I scrambled to my feet. "I-I—What?!" I stammered, honestly confused. He grabbed my collar, causing me to let off a loud squeak as he yanked me towards him, getting right up in my face. "I thought I told you you weren't allowed here, bitch!" He snapped at me, and my eyes widened ever more as my heart started hammering in my chest.

"L-Let me go!" I demanded, trying to pry his hand from my collar. He was clearly drunk, that much was obvious. A dangerous smirk spread across his face, his grip on my collar tightening as he let off a laugh, throwing his head back.

"You really think—" He was interrupted by a hiccup, "—that I'll let you go? Because of a pathetic plea?" He snapped, his face only inches from mine. My hands balled into fists, and with a newfound courage, I threw my hand back and threw it at him.

But he caught it. My gaze jumped to the hand that caught my own, my eyes going wide and filling with terror. Greg snickered at me, twisting my wrist quite a bit in his hand before I let off a cry of surprise and agony. He threw me to the ground, my back slamming into the concrete. I held my wrist to my chest, tears stinging the back of my eyes. I had started crawling backwards when he tripped and landed on top of me, only to straddle my hips and try to throw a punch. My eyes flew closed, and I shrunk back into the pavement while I waited for the contact.