Recovery time

"Emily...can you hear me?"

"Yeah. I can hear you."

I opened my eyes and turned my head toward him.

"Dad. Why is this happening to me?" He stood up and layed next to me and wrapped his arms around my weak body.

"Shh. It's okay. I know it's tough. It will get better. I won't leave you again." He kissed my head. I cried myself to sleep with Dean. He stayed by my side the rest of the night. I woke up around 9am and Dean was talking to Sam in the Hallway.

I sat up and took off the tube around my nose and started to take my IV out but Dean saw me through the window and came in to stop me.

"Hey. What are you doing?" He took my hands off my arm.

"I want to leave. I want to go home."

"Well we can't yet. The doctor wants you to be hear a little bit longer. You had major surgery yesterday."

"So? I don't care. I want to go home."

I crossed my hands over my chest. Which wasn't the best thing to do because I hit my stomach which had stitches my still ripe stitches on it. I popped open one of them as it began to bleed.

"Son of a bitch. Well great. Dean could you get the doctor."

"What. Why?"

I pointed to my stomach and he saw the red stain forming in my gown.

"Yeah. Sure."

Dean left and it was just me and Sam. He handed me some paper towels to soak the blood in. I laughed a bit but that made me bleed more. He was trying. All he knew was to use anything he had around him. The hunter mind set.

"I brought you some clothes Em. I didn't know what you would have liked so I brought a lot. How are you feeling by the way?"

"Oh. Thanks Sam. And I'm not quite sure. I hate always getting hurt. I just don't know."

"I know. It's tough to understand. But Dean is pretty set in never letting you out of his sight so once you're healed you're coming on the road with us again."

"I am?"

"Yeah. It kills him every time you get hurt. So having you with him will make him feel better."

I smiled at Sam.

We heard a knock at the door. Dean brought the doctor back to the room with a nurse.

"Hello. How are you feeling Emily?"

"A little sore. But I think I made one of the stitches bleed."

"Okay well the nurse can fix that for you and then you can leave. Only if your up for it though."

"Oh trust me I want to leave....no offense."

"None taken. Just happy to see you awake and alert." I smiled and he walked out the door.

"Thanks Doc."

He smiled back at Dean.

The nurse fixed up my stitches and she gave me new bandages.

"All set. If you need anything before you leave don't hesitate to ask."

"Thank you." I smiled and swung my legs around the bed.  I had jello legs for a few seconds until I caught my balance. Sam helped me into the bathroom so I could change.