25 ~ Home

Gaster had gotten there only minutes before Sans had lost it.

After ensuring that Papyrus was in a stable condition, he assigned an assistant to watch over Papyrus, and took off running for the ferry. This time, no one had stopped him.

He had made it to the battlefield, and was more than a little confused to see everyone watching Sans beat up the Corrupt Sans. He had made his way to where Asgore and Undyne were watching. Asgore had started to reprimand him for coming to the battlefield, but Gaster had cut him off, using every combined ounce of his Royal Scientist authority and intimidating fatheriness to demand an answer.

When it had been supplied, he felt no better. Because the "Pure" Sans was apparently fighting for the Corrupt, and the "Corrupt" Sans was fighting for the Pure.

Why was everything so blasted confusing?

And then the "Corrupt" Sans had been stabbed through the chest, and the "Pure" Sans had threatened to destroy the Pure Army.

It had dissolved into chaos, then. A full out war between the two sides.

Before it escalated too far, though, the "Corrupt" Sans was on his feet again. The "Pure" Sans gave an order to his army to kill the "Corrupt" Sans, and every spare Corrupter in the cavern had lunged at him.

That was when things got really bad.

Because Sans started attacking with a mix of Corrupt attacks and Pure attacks. Well, attacks like his Pure attacks.

Every bone that he summoned was cracked, Corrupt Magic leaking out of the cracks. His shortcuts left a dark shadow where he had been for a few minutes. Blue Magic slowly strangled anyone it was effecting. The Blasters, though, those were the worst. The beams they fired were the purple-black of Corruption, and Corrupt Magic bled from their eyesockets and nasal cavities, running down the sides of the skull, dripping off the teeth, sliding down the jaw...

It was horrifying, and nothing lived long. A few Corrupters managed to hit Sans, but all were obliterated sooner or later, either by a Corrupt attack, or one of the Corruptly-fueled Pure attacks.

By the time Sans walked up to the imposter, nearly half the Corrupt Army had been destroyed, and Sans should have been more than dead with the number of hits he had taken.

And the imposter tried to fight. Tried. But Sans was untouchable, unavoidable, unstoppable.

And then Gaster changed his mind about the worst part of it. The worst, most horrifying, sickening part of it was not the horrifying Corrupt Blasters. It was the attack that killed the imposter. Sans had lifted his hand, summoning Corrupt tendrils to hold the imposter in place. Then he had turned the imposter's Soul Blue, and pulled. But the imposter couldn't move, he was held still by the vines.

Sans ripped out his Soul with his Corrupt Blue Magic.

The resulting scream of pure, raw agony was enough to make everyone, who hadn't already, stop what they were doing and watch.

A Blaster fired, and the imposter's Soul was destroyed. And then Sans turned to the rest of the Corrupters and started destroying them with a single-mindedness that scared Gaster.

And when all the Corrupters had either been killed or fled, Sans still stood at the ready, two Blasters in the air above him. That was when Gaster had first gotten a good look at him.

He was bleeding Determination and Magic, both Pure and Corrupt, and nearly every bone had at least one fracture in it. But that wasn't the worst of it. The worst part was his eye.