32 ~ I Couldn't Come Up With a Good Title, so Here's This

"Sans! Sans, wake up!"

Sans groggily flopped onto his side, and proceeded to go back to sleep.

"Saaaaaans! Wake up!"

With a yawn, Sans relented to Papyrus's shoulder-shaking wakeup call. Bleary-eyed, he looked past Papyrus at the digital clock on his nightstand.

6:45 AM

"... 's way too early, bro." He mumbled, rolling back over. "wake me up in a few hours, 'kay?"

"Sans, no!" Papyrus grabbed his shoulder again and forced him sit up. "Today I'm making sure you and Dad go to work!"

"but paaaaaap...!" The instant Papyrus released his shoulders, Sans fell backwards, closing his eyes.

"Sans!"

Sans made fake snoring sounds.

"Sans! Get up! Now!"

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

"Sans! Now!"

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

"Ugh! You are such a lazybones! I'm going to wake up Dad, and if you're not up by the time that I get back...!" Papyrus stormed off to wake up Gaster, leaving the threat hanging.

Sans chuckled under his breath. He knew Gaster would probably give Papyrus an even harder time than Sans had. Nonetheless, he had to respect Papyrus's determination.

After a couple minutes, he heard Papyrus let out a shout of frustration, and knew his prediction had been correct.

A couple more minutes passed, and Sans heard Gaster yelp in surprise. He wondered what Papyrus had done. Maybe pulled off Gaster's blankets? Or tipped the mattress enough to roll Gaster onto the floor? Was Papyrus strong enough to lift a mattress?

Sans decided he didn't particularly want to find out, and maybe he should get up now...

He twitched a little.

... Really should get up, before Papyrus came back...

He flopped a little more.

He oughta get up now, anyway.

"Sans!"

Eh. Too late.

Moments later, Papyrus had grabbed Sans' arm, and was slowly dragging him out of bed. Sans, for his part, was just totally limp.

Just as Papyrus had almost gotten him off the mattress, Sans grabbed ahold of one of the blankets on his bed, pulling it with him as he tumbled to the floor. Once on the floor, he wrapped himself snugly in the blanket, and closed his eyes.

Papyrus let out a groan. "Saaaans! Come on!"

"paaaaap!" Sans complained in response. "let me sleep!"

And then Gaster came into the room and swept the blanket away from Sans, who made a halfhearted attempt to grab it back.

Now he was just lying on the floor.

"Come on, Sans." Gaster said. "We haven't gone to the lab in the last two days. Breaktime's over."

Grumbling, Sans climbed to his feet.

~o0o~

The days passed relatively quickly.

With Waterfall reclaimed for the Pure, thanks to Sans' complete loss of control, the war now raged across Snowdin.

The family often made trips into Waterfall for the day; it was just about the quietest place they could go, not to mention very beautiful, once the echo flowers regrew.

As Sans cooperated with Gaster in the lab, they soon found that they were running out of things to test regarding Sans' Soul and Magic, and so far, the only cure they had found for the Corruption was love, as Papyrus, Frisk, and, eventually, Gaster had done for Sans. But nothing more could be found.

So, instead, Sans just helped out around the lab, as he had done before becoming Corrupt, or even before going to war. He just worked alongside Gaster with whatever he was doing. He also, as a side-effect of the Corruption, picked more than his fair shake of fights with Gaster's assistants, and attempted to kill them on a weekly basis.

Frisk visited often. Always they greeted Sans with a quick hug, one that he came to enjoy more than he would ever admit out loud. They were pretty nice, especially with Papyrus, which Sans appreciated.

Sometimes, Toriel came to visit with Frisk. At first, she was quite suspicious of Sans, and very untrusting of him around Frisk. But as time went on, she became a little more relaxed regarding Frisk and Sans friendship. She was still quite wary of him, however, and he made that easy for her by being openly hostile towards her.

Sans did like her pies, though.

Undyne came to visit once or twice when she was in Hotland, but Sans always did his utter best to make sure she left quickly, thoroughly unnerved. The same was true for Asgore, but he visited much less often than Undyne.

And then Sans was somewhat conflicted. Because he still considered himself Corrupt, and, despite his unwavering loyalty to his family, was still loyal to the Corrupt, and considered the Pure, not counting Papyrus and Gaster, to be his enemies. But, at the same time, he knew that by now there was probably a kill-on-sight order in the Corrupt army, and he would probably never be accepted back.

But, aside from that, and the idiocy of people asking him questions, everything was pretty good.

§

A/N

I know, I know, short chapter. But, this marks the end of the everything's mostly okay, pretty much almost fluff, characters-need-recovery-time, Retrospect story arc.

So, there's that.

And then, for anyone living in the United States, happy Thanksgiving! And for anyone not living in the United States, I hope you have a wonderful Thursday anyway. :)

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it! Remember, comments and votes are not only always welcome, but always appreciated, too!