45 ~ You Could Beat Ḿ̨͘e?̶

Frisk loaded their SAVE file. They were standing in the hallway before the throne room again.

Clutching their stick tightly, they ran forward, through the throne room, into the Barrier room.

When they came in, Chara and Flowey were both in the same spot. Chara laughed.

"Back so soon? Ha! Good! That means we can kill you again!"

They gestured to Flowey, who broke the Soul containers, and pulled the Souls to himself and Chara.

The world faded to black. Frisk reached again for their SAVE file.

And the beast, the horrifying combination of Flowey, Chara, and six human Souls, was back too.

"What will you do this time?" It laughed. "You will only die. Again and again and again."

Frisk took a step forward, holding the stick. "Stop."

"Oh-ho! You actually think you can beat us! But what you don't understand, is that we're quite determined, too!"

Frisk jumped forward and whacked it with the stick.

It did 1 HP damage.

The beast just laughed. 1 HP wasn't even 0.0001% of it's total HP. "You're going to have to do better than that." The massive maw dropped open, a nearly black beam of energy blasting it, obliterating Frisk.

They loaded their SAVE file. Ran back into the Barrier room.

"I hope," Chara laughed, "you have a better plan this time. Flowey."

They did not have a better plan.

They loaded their SAVE file. Ran into the Barrier room.

"Back again? Well. I really would expect nothing less from someone so determined. But still, you don't seem to understand this is futile."

They refused to believe that.

They loaded their SAVE file again.

"Still? Hah! Good! I like a challenge."

Frisk would prefer this to be a little easier, but they weren't going to give up.

They loaded their SAVE file.

"But, honestly, Frisk."

They were ready. But they didn't make it far.

They loaded their SAVE file again.

"I'm only trying to be nice. Do you a favor. You can't win."

They would win. Eventually.

"Because, together, Flowey and I have just as much determination as you. And, while we may not be able to reset, since we are still separate beings, we're merged enough to stand up to you indefinitely."

And Frisk had the determination to fight indefinitely.

"But, sooner or later, we will win. And then? I'll destroy this world."

But Frisk wouldn't let them.

"You're only drawing out the inevitable."

No. They were stopping Chara. That was a thing that was going to happen.

Next time they walked into the Barrier room, Chara said nothing, just smiled and gestured to Flowey, who wordlessly obeyed.

Frisk gripped their stick and stood against them.

They were going to win this.

§

A/N

Shoooooort chapter! But here, have it anyway. This was just a filler chapter; the next one will be longer, I promise!

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it, even so short as it was! Remember, comments and votes are not only always welcome, but always appreciated, too!