41 ~ Dinosaurs

Gaster sat up and screamed.

Everything hurt, and it had quite surprised him when he had woken up.

He could feel something, against his ribs and in his Soul, and it hurt even more. He started clawing at his collar, intent on pulling it out from under his shirt.

He had to get up, go find Sans and Papyrus. Make sure they were safe.

But it seemed as though every time he had just gotten his fingers around it and started to pull, a sharp stab of pain tore through his Soul, making him drop it, cringing and crying out.

He had to get it out, though, because now it didn't just hurt, it burned.

He had to find his sons.

He wasn't sure how long he struggled, but eventually, someone stopped him.

Doctor, what-- Annoying Dog, Gaster! Calm down!

Grab his hands, stop him!

Even as the voices spoke, his hands were pulled away, and he found they were too strong for him to resist. He squirmed weakly in the person's grip, shaking and sweating.

Annoying Dog, it hurt.

Can't you sedate him?

He is sedated!

He knew it was futile, but he continued to struggle anyway. His sons needed him.

Well, can't you sedate him more? He's gonna hurt himself otherwise!

Fine, fine, just hold him still a bit longer!

Gaster flinched away as something brushed against his ribs. But he was held still, and moments later, a strange sort of placidness overcame him. His shaky breathing evened out, and his trembling calmed down into mild twitching. The pain in his chest, in his limbs, in his skull abated to a dull ache. His strength left him, and he fell tired and limp.

It was only a matter of minutes before he was out again.

~o0o~

Sans wandered through the lab hallways, skull filled with fog. He wasn't thinking too clearly at the moment, but he felt so calm, it didn't really matter.

It had been a few days since the rescue. Since it didn't also have to deal with physical injuries, too, his Soul had sorted out the Pure and Corrupt parts relatively quickly, and he was only mildly nauseous now. But he was still rather heavily sedated, as word had gotten around the lab of his... nice dinner. The monsters were afraid, and had drugged him to keep him calm. They didn't know that he wasn't struggling to keep his cool anymore, that he was totally in control of himself now.

Had Sans been more aware, he would have actively waited for an opportunity to slip out of the room they had put him in. As it was, it was only lucky coincidence that he had decided he had felt well enough, and that he needed to go find Papyrus and Gaster on the same night the guard outside his door had fallen alseep.

As it was nighttime, the hallways were empty, the evacuated monsters of Hotland and New Home bedded down in various rooms throughout the lab, and there was no one there to stop Sans as he wandered listlessly through the halls.

Eventually, he did find Papyrus.

Still not really aware of things, Sans paid no attention to the room they were in. Only that his brother was curled up in bed on his side, not moving.