Lost and Found

Requested by @PerkyElf  (So sorry I'm late with this. Hope you enjoy)
No spoilers 😊
Doctor Strange POV

The rain hit hard on the roof as the sweet smell of volcanic soil crept in through the spaces in my vaguely spacious metal window pane. I lay my back on the wooden chair thinking. Pondering. Wondering.

"What about getting married? I mean what about kids?"

"Yes sure. I would love a little sack of meat and bones without the basic need to stop and think about their actions running around a place where virtually everything will fall into their hands and break. Sure, Mordo. Kids" I replied snapping the book of spells back together and walking towards Wong who was busily bopping his head along to the new Beyonce album.

"You don't have to despise them so much. They have such power. They make you fall in love at first sight. They melt your heart"

I let out a little chuckle at the comment Mordo made as he paced towards me and Wong, holding his own thick covered book.

"He has got a point," Wong added siding with the 'head over heels' 'fallen in love with children' Mordo.

"Not you too. They are children. I see a fresh one every day. At least I used to. They look like potatoes," I retaliated. "I seriously think that they would bring nothing but toture to my life"

Wong bellowed out with laughter disappearing behind the books shelves to put back the sacred spell books.

I turned around to face Mordo who was currently smirking at me like a child on Christmas night. "You know that would explain a lot about you."

I wondered what he meant by his statement as I walked out of the ancient library and into another building. The vast spacious room was perfect to built portals and to practice spells in. The wooded floors despite their old age blended well with the decorated walls.

Then without notice a large bell rang. Twice. The London sector was under attack. My short lived peace flew out of the window and my battle instincts kicked in. But something didn't sit right. Something seemed out of the ordinary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mordo - "You have to take care of her. Look at her she trusts you"

Strange - "I understand but she's too young. 10 is not an age where you're thrust into a world of magic and expect to fit right in."

The little girl's blue eyes lit up as she stopped down beside the blazing fire lit in the center of the room. Her bleach blonde hair turned white as the fire grew larger and the light grew brighter. Her smooth complexion was near perfection. But one thing was missing from her face. Emotion. Her life had been turned around leaving nothing but a blank expression stuck to her face. Her eyes were screaming. Help me

I looked at her with sympathy.Her beauty was intense and her gaze piercing. I couldn't help but wonder. What if.

I waked towards her but with each step she flinched. Harder and harder. Her eyes looked me up and down continuously. I turned around only to be surprised by a following and curious Mordo

"Maybe I should just do this on my own"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look here Stephen," she emphasized my name.

"I have been doing this for almost 2 whole years and not once have you taken me outside. I keep on telling you I'm fine. I mean I've already learnt how to make portals. I can practically fly and your cape is always keeping me company. Always. Not to mention Mordo over there is head over heels for me. He treats me like a newborn child. And you. Let me not start about you. You are overprotective. I want to go out there. I want to fly. And no. Not by myself. In an airplane. Where flight attendants are constantly asking you 'Are you ok' and 'Do you need a refill.' Let me out. Please!"

"I have not been teaching you magic just to let you out into the world as unprepared as you are. I'm not taking you out. And--" but before I could finish my sentence she'd already conjured up her weapon and launched an attack at the innocent tea cup across the concrete field in the middle of the sanctuary.

"See, I can do this," She smirked. Obviously proud at her attempt to impress me.

"Just, please let me go.  Just for one day, one," her rich English accent filled the air as she pleaded.

She put on her best puppy eyes as he waddled over to where I was meditating. I opened my eyes only to see her sitting right in front of me, pouting. I placed my hands on my crossed legs and took a deep breath. The mere thought of letting her go back out there into the real world again after London was scary. It was crazy. It was insane.

She was so innocent. And despite what I thought about children she was the compete opposite. Without notice I'd grown attached to her. Her smile was intoxicating. Here eyes were the most beautiful gems I'd ever seen. And her laugh always made my day. So to see her so eager to leave made my heart ache. I couldn't bear to let her go. Not yet.

"Fine,"

Hey eyes lit up with excitement. Almost on the verge of tears.

"But only if you fix your arms. While conjuring up a weapon you have to learn to control the power that surges troughs the weapon itself.  So you have to build up strength, you don't want such a weapon to fly off in the wrong direction and land in the wrong hands."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Absolutley. I will take into consideration your thoughts and will put your words into action after our trip to Hawaii!"

"Excuse me. Did you just say Hawaii? Why Hawaii? Why not across the street?" My confusion only added up to her laughter.

Without a reply she smirked and ran off the grounds laughing and smiling. Her excitement was overflowing and soon the whole world would know that this one little girl was happy.

Even though her leaving would break my heart, seeing her happy was the only thing I couldn't wait to see everyday.