Jealousy and Boston?

(Not a request)

"Doctor y/n to the ER. Doctor y/n to the ER"

The announcement rang through your office startling a 3:00 am tired doctor. In other words, you were scared to death. Almost.

Fine fine I'm coming I'm coming. Jeez. No need to be so loud.

You dragged your heavy aching feet through the sanitised white floors of the hospital and actually managed to get yourself to the ER without collapsing. 5 more minutes you kept telling yourself.

"What I'm here," you told the current nurse on duty at the ER desk.

"Oh, a David Watterson was asking for you. He's in the waiting lobby."

"David Watterson?"

Across the room sat a stylish man. He seemed restless. His slick back hair and his chiseled jawline were a sight to behold. But only from afar.

You waddled over to him half awake and got his attention.

"Mr Watterson? Hi, Doctor y/n. How may I help you?"

"Oh, good y/n you're here." He got up from the chair and your sore eyes were greeted with a heavenly figure. His body was screaming to be torn from his tight teal shirt. His rolled up sleeves made him all the more sexier. You slowly looked up to him only to be greeted by the most beautiful hazel eyes you'd ever seen.

"I'm sorry--" you found it difficult to articulate properly. You shifted your eyes back and forth trying to avoid his gaze. It was 3 in the morning and you could not handle any excitement. Exhaustion had already gotten the better of you before you realised you hadn't finished your statement.

"Umm, do we know each other?" You inquire suspecting he'd met you before.

"Well it might have been a long time ago, we were lab partners in med school."

You looked at him still puzzled. How could you not remember him? His God-like figure was something no sane person would forget. In short, You were crazy to forget him.

"Still puzzled huh, remember the fire?" he stated letting out a small yet cute embarrassing chuckle.

Without thinking twice you immediately recalled the events that occurred during med school.

"Oh yeah, some idiot left a bunch of chemicals too close to each other and the fumes sparked a fire. I mean what kind of person does that?" you let out a small chuckle before realising he was the idiot you'd been laughing and gossiping about all these years.

"Wait, you're Flamey Davey? Oh god... Ohhh... Ahh, this is awkward. Sorry. I didn't umm realise that was you."

"Don't worry about it." He laughed. Seeming intrigued by the way you, a 3 am zombie doctor acted around him.

"So, you work in Boston?" You asked in an attempt to hide your embarrassment

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Your tag." You tried to poke at the tag on his chest but accidentally poked his actual chest instead of making he situation all the more awkward.

"So how can I be of service, well I mean like how can I help. Not how many services I can provide. I mean I can provide services but not the other kind. I wasn't trying to imply you use those kinds of services it's just that...I'm going to stop now." Once more you shifted your eyes away from him. Unaware to you, the more you talked the more he got amused by you. You found yourself digging your own social suicide grave.

But instead of eyeing you down he smirked and laughed.

"I see you still live up to your name. Talking to you at 3:00 am in the morning is the most interesting thing I did in med school and it still remains the most interesting thing now."