Chapter 27: I would risk it all.

When we got back to the castle that night I couldn't remember anything, all I know is the moment my head touches my pillow I was asleep.

I woke up the next morning feeling feverish, that headache really had an effect on me. Katrina and Laurence insisted that I should go to the hospital but I can't! Why? We have our exams today. I don't care if I'm sick there's no way I'm missing out on our exams!
"But your forehead is on fire!" Katrina argued.
"I'm fine" I reassure her. But she was unconvinced "okay listen, after the exams I promise to go the hospital, okay?" Katrina took a moment before she gave up and agreed.
It probably took a miracle for me to finish our exams with my situation. I feel so horribly weak but I managed to finish the exams. And thank Merlin, it was easier that I thought! Well except potions. Snape was giving us all a hard time, breathing down our necks as we answer. But still, it's a good thing I studied well enough, even with everything that's happening around me. Our last exam was History of Magic and it looked like a speed test to me, when everything was finally over we all cheered and I was so happy, stress free!!!
Well, not really.
I let the others celebrate while I headed to the hospital. I told Madam Pomfrey I was having a fever and trying to convince her it was nothing but when she checked my temperature she told me to stay there and rest since I do have a high fever. I couldn't argue so I just did what she told me.
I fell into a deep sleep.
I knew I shouldn't have stayed, I regretted sleeping because I suddenly had nightmare of what happened in the forest. Voldemort... Drinking that poor unicorn's blood. Him slowly approaching us. I even saw his horrible red eyes underneath his cloak. Even in my dreams he makes my scar ache. I woke up with a start I was breathing heavily, I was sort of sweating, I guess my fever's gone.
I took in my surroundings it was still bright, probably late in the afternoon, I was alone in the hospital. I slowly sat up, I was feeling much better now. There was a glass of water and some pills on the table beside my bed. I suppose I should take these.
After taking my medicine I got out of the hospital and just walked around, savoring the sweet feeling of study-free. I honestly don't know where I was going but I just keep walking. I got to the third floor and thought to head to the common room to read. I was rounding a corner when I heard voices.
"Well that's it isn't it?" It was unmistakably Harry. I stood firmly on my ground and just listened to their conversation. "I'm going out of here tonight and I'm going to try and get to the Stone first" I gasped at what I heard. Is he mental?!!! What is he thinking?!!! I was about to burst out from my hiding place to protest but Ron and Hermione spoke.
"You're mad!"
"You can't! After what McGonagall and Snape have said? You'll be expelled!"
"SO WHAT?!!" I hear Harry yell. "Don't you understand? If Snape gets hold of the Stone, Voldemort's coming back! Haven't you heard what it was like when he was trying to take over? There wont be any Hogwarts to get expelled from! He'll flatten it, or turn it into a school for the Dark Arts! Losing points doesn't matter anymore, can't you see? D'you think he'll leave you and your families alone if Gryffindor wins the house cup? If I get caught before I can get to the Stone, well, I'll have to go back to the Dursleys and wait for Voldemort to find me there, it's only dying a bit later than I would have, because I'm never going over to the Dark Side! I'm going through that trapdoor tonight and nothing you say is going to stop me! Voldemort killed my parents, remember?"
A moment of silence passed between them.
"You're right Harry..." Hermione said in a small voice.
"I'll use the invisibility cloak, it's lucky I got it back"
Good for him.
"But will it cover all three of us?" Asked Ron
"All---all three of us?"
"Oh, come off it, you don't think we'd let you go alone?"
"Of course not" Hermione added "How do you think you'd get to the Stone without us? I'd better go and look through my books, there might be something useful"
"But if we get caught, you two will be expelled, too" Harry protested.
"Not if I can help it..." Hermione said I can hear the tone of amusement in her voice "Flitwick told me in secret that I get a hundred and twelve percent on his exams. They're not throwing me out after that."
The last thing I heard out of them was them murmuring about what they will do tonight. I listened intently to them.