Chapter One

~ Hey everybody!!! So, here's my newest story which I'm very excited yet extremely nervous about. I really hope you enjoy this. I know Zayn is barely mentioned in this but it's the first chapter and he's only just been introduced so give it a chance. Thank you .xx

~The chapters will be dated but there's a reason for that, you'll soon understand it along the way :)

Vote ♥ Comment ♥ Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

21st March 2013

"Don't - don't do this Harry" Niall wraps his muscly arms around the younger boy's waist, the boy who stole his heart a lifetime ago with a flash of his dimpled smile. Forever and always he said.

He promised.

"I can't do it anymore, I can't do this, us" Harry sends him a heartbreakingly miserable smile, a goodbye. He picks up his bags, hoisting his sturdy, grey backpack over his shoulder, leaning in closer, pressing a tender kiss to Niall's forehead, letting a tear escape his emerald eyes. Niall shakes his head, biting the inside of his cheek.

"We can get through this, I - I can make things okay, I promise" Niall begs, looking up at Harry through his wet eyelashes "Please, give it a chance, give me a chance". Harry chews on his bottom lip, his head spinning a little, his heart thumping erratically against his ribcage. His throat feels as dry as a bug but he loves Niall with his whole being and it's so hard. He puts his bags down, placing his backpack on the ground, not missing the sigh of relief that escapes Niall's lips.

"Can I have a glass of water please?" Niall nods, scurrying to the kitchen to pour his lover a glass of water, giving him a chance to think, to think about how much of a screw up he's been. The arguments, the broken frames, the late night calls to Liam. It's not just Niall though, it's Harry too. Harry's just brave enough to call it a day, to accept defeat. They were wrong from the start.

Harry knows that.

Niall traipses back to the hallway, handing Harry his glass of water, nodding his head as Harry thanks him. He watches as Harry takes a long sip of water, his eyes locked on Niall's blue eyes brimmed with tears. He places the glass on the beech coloured table next to him, something they had fixed together. Harry pulls his bottom lip between his teeth, stepping closer to the other boy, brushing away his tears with the pad of his thumb, his eyes never leaving Niall's. Harry picks up his glass, brushing pass Niall, walking to the kitchen to place his glass on the kitchen table. He plods his way back to the hallway, his footsteps slow and hesitant.

Harry swallows down the bile at the back of his throat "I'm still leaving" Niall shakes his head, his eyes desperate and pleading as he cups Harry's cheeks, ready for one last attempt at saving his relationship.

"Marry me" To say Harry is surprised is an understatement. He licks at the corner of his lips, swallowing thickly.

"Don't - don't ask me that, don't you dare ask me that" Harry sucks in a breath, even more determined to leave. Marriage is a pledge, a pledge of love and commitment and loyalty and a future. It's something that needs to be considered seriously and it's something Harry believed he would be doing with Niall.

But not like this.

Niall grasps Harry's hands in his own "I mean it, I - I love you and I want us to make it official, I want to make you mine"

Harry snorts "I was already yours"

"Was?"

Harry bites on his bottom lip "I'm not blaming you, I just - I was talking to Lou and --"